By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

Its what happens in Football, an opportunistic goal and the tides change. Still I saw the referee leaned more towards Poland's side.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

well done austria, i reckon croatia to win the group with germany second, then poland followed by austria

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

@Rol: Since when are people allowed to be realistic about Austria?

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:

Fearing the penalty would be missed is a clear sign you have The Netherlands in your profile for too long now. You've caught the Dutch penalty disease and so far scientists haven't found a remedy yet. Anyway, I guess it was deserved considering Poland scored an offside goal. Congratulations with the point, and with a victory against Germany the road to the quarter finals is still open.

A victory against Germany, yeah right.

For once I am going to predict a realistic result for an Austrian match. The Germans will be very motivated to make up for their poor performance against Croatia, so I expect them to play insanely good. Therefore my guess for the result is: 4-0 for Germany.

Croatia won't do much in the final game as they are already the winner of the group, so I expect them to play a draw against Poland, 1-1.

I don't believe so, germany player seem not to be fit. Theri problem was that they just didn't run enough.

Only a few more minutes until it's friday, which means Holland will play its second group match! Van Basten will have some tough choices to make, will he play the same team as against Italy or will he somehow try to find a spot for Van Persie and/or Robben in the team. Whatever he does, I hope the match against France will be as much fun as the first one.

Around the Network

Would you make any changes to the starting eleven Rol? I think I would start with the same 11 players and I would be happy with any victory. Even a draw wouldn't be bad, as long as it is a great game to watch.

Its looking bright for Austria now...beat the Germans (easy) and they could go through!

/sarcasm ends

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Sorry I got in late mates... just got back from Grunn (business.) Anyway, I only managed to watch the second half of Germany vs Croatia and damn was I having a blast, as was the rest of the café. Croatia scoring wasn't even the highlight... it was the cards for Schweinsteiger, Ballack and Lehman that got me laughing of my seat.

They should make the referee be able to diss out "douchebag cards" for certain players.

I had to read on this thread that croatia tied against Poland, from an off side goal even. Guess I can't do anything else then to congratulate them. The way for the Austrians to win next week: Provoke zer Germans. If ballack get's another yellow, and Lehman and whoever else I missed you easily thin out the team and the Dutch get one year of full-on mockery to any German tourist.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Slimebeast said:
Slimebeast said:

Lol at Switzerland and Austria. The worst hosts in an International tournament ever.

3 losses in 3 games so far.

3 losses and 1 draw (against Poland, the 2nd worst team in the tournament) in 4 games.
Slimebeast said:
Chrizum said:
After seeing all teams play, my predictions for the quarter-finals are:

Portugal - Poland (Portugal will win)

Germany - Czech Republic (Germany will win)

Netherlands - Sweden (Netherlands will win)

Spain - Italy (Close one... But Italy will win)

Good predictions, but Poland will not qualify. Croatia is a much stronger team.

Also I think it's 50-50 between France and Italy. Actually i believe Italy will screw this up, and France will be in the quarter finals.

^

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:
Would you make any changes to the starting eleven Rol? I think I would start with the same 11 players and I would be happy with any victory. Even a draw wouldn't be bad, as long as it is a great game to watch.

Never change a winning team.

@colonelstubbs: You really think that you are a smart guy, huh? Btw, how's England doing?

I think the match against France will be more technical, rather than the more physical match against Italy.

Therefore, I'd swap Kuyt and De Jong for Van Persie and De Zeeuw. Also, lose Mathijssen. He's the only weak player in the Dutch selection, put in Bouma instead. You can bring in Kuyt for when things do get physical, and I'd only bring in Robben when we really need a goal.