By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 100 WiiWare Games in Queue(development)

This info was given out during GDC. It was just rehashed in the latest Nintendo PR talk with IGN.  Surely there are more then 100 games in development now as it's been a few months since the GDC.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

The Wii has USB2 functionality. Add in the fact that a 20gig HDD can easily be masked as a base, similar to the one that comes with the Wii and it's pretty easy to see it happening.

ferret1603 said:
I don't understand why they don't just introduce hard drive support through usb. That way the people who are full have a solution and the majority who are never going to fill their Wii and would just get confused by a hard drive don't need to worry about it.

It's far more likely that they'll just do a firmware update to unlock the SD cards and make games and channels playable off of them.  I doubt they'll make a hard drive, or if they do it will only be in addition to unlocking SD cards.

fkusumot said:
clapiotis said:
Is it only me? I've transfered all of my 30+ Virtual console & Wiiware games and I left on the Wii menu the channels and one Wiiware game and I only have 230 blocks.

That basically means that I only have space for 1 Nintendo channel-like channel with no ability to transfer games back to the wii. I like and use frequently all of my channels.

You are not alone.

Did you delete the channels as well?  Many vc channels take up around 50-100 blocks; some as much as 300.  LostWinds and My Life as a King (wiiware) take up about 300 each, I think.

Galaki said:
Leave it to Nintendo to make hardware that doesn't break easily. Give 'em some time.

How many hard drives and/or SD cards do you think fail a lot? Nintendo is behind. They have had plenty of time.

Around the Network
UndrDog said:
The Wii has USB2 functionality. Add in the fact that a 20gig HDD can easily be masked as a base, similar to the one that comes with the Wii and it's pretty easy to see it happening.

i really hope they bring it to wii,im running low on memory

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"