By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - which series will be the top selling this gen?

im thinking its gonna be the wii series,even if you remove wii sports sales in the U.S and EU. what do you think will be the top selling series

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

mario series if you count ds mario games then it already sold more then 30 million already

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Dare I say it. Mario series there is too many of them on the Wii and DS.

I would love to say Final Fantasy series because it deserves that title. 

Cougarman said:
mario series if you count ds mario games then it already sold more then 30 million already

hasnt the wii series sold more then 30 mil

I'm guessing...
wii series>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mario>>Pokemon

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

Really? What main series final fantasy games have you played this gen that were good? I've played many,but they were on the ds so I don't know if you played them.

@ Op agreed. 

sc94597 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Really? What final fantasy games have you played this gen that were good? I've played many,but they were on the ds so I don't know if you played them.

@ Op agreed.

FF XIII, FF XIII Versus, FF XIII-2 and FF XIV.

I have not played those four PS3 exclusives yet they have not been released but they would each be great perfect scores games I would have to give them each perfect 10 out of 10's. Those FF games would each sell millions of copies.

Rock_on_2008 said:
sc94597 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Really? What final fantasy games have you played this gen that were good? I've played many,but they were on the ds so I don't know if you played them.

@ Op agreed.

I have not played those four PS3 exclusives yet they have not been released but they would each be great perfect scores games I would have to give them each perfect 10 out of 10's. Those FF games would each sell millions of copies.

Lol, lemme guess because they will be on the ps3. Wow such fanboyism. A real fan of the series plays the games before judging them. 

Wii series may exceed the sales of the Mario franchise 's sales over ALL generations (According to Wikipedia, it was on 200 million, but that was before Mario Kart Wii)

That's Wii sports - 150 million
Wii Play - 20 million (minimum)
Wii Fit - 25 million (minimum)
Wii Chess - fairly insignificant
Wii Music - 10 million (minimum)

Total 205 million

And I'm assuming that Nintendo will bring out more Wii something games, maybe even a Wii sports 2

Rock_on_2008 said:
sc94597 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

@ Op agreed.

not saying that those games wont be awesome,but dont you think you shouldplay it before judging them