By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Teaser for SKATE IT

Looks all right so far...........I just hope they nail the board controls.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
My brother will like this game. It uses the balance board?

Yeah, someone from EA said it does.

sc94597 said:
My brother will like this game. It uses the balance board?

yes it will use the balance board

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

It doesn't have to use the balance board I read.

This game looks pretty interesting, EA have been showing a few games that look promising in recent times (ie: Mirrors Edge) and now this.

@Viper

That's what I'm saying the concept is the same as proving grounds, except you use the balance board.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

looks really good - EA Wii games are really looking great with this, Boom Blox, Sim City, new My Sims.

Good someone is aiming for Nintendo like quality, anyone else now excited for this years Tiger Woods installment?

Looks promising....

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

It would seem like a bad call to make the board required although board integration alone should be what makes the game worth playing (almost like this arcade skate boarding game I saw in Japan that had a board that you could physically rock and crack ollies on). Even so, they still need to have standard Wii controls if they want to see the best sales figures possible.

Skate. was a good game, largely in part to the one innovation I've seen in skate games (the analog stick flipping motions to initiate tricks) since Tony Hawk.

Skate It seems like a direct extension of the concept and may well be the first game that really provides a new gaming experience thanks to the balance board.

I hope they nail the controls because I would really like to play this if they do.

Don't worry, you can still play this game whitout the balance board, It's just an option (an really amazing one)

cool