By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube games, Recommendations?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Copycon said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
lemieux-rules66 said:
Tails of Symphonia

Only if you can turn your brain off.

Elaborate!

I've heard a lot of good about this game but I've never tried it and know next to nothing about it.

The characters are stupid (10 year olds could make better choices), the plot is predictable in many places, there are lots of filler things included just for people who want to waste hours collecting things, game mechanics which could be really useful turn out to be really useless, most of the cast of characters is ultimately not worth using, and the ending is really anticlimatic.

I could make a thread going into actual detail if anyone cared, but that's the gist of it.

Tales of Symphonia is extremely mediocre and in many ways quite awful as far as RPGs go. The problem is that there were so few RPGs on the Gamecube worth playing that it got a lot of undeserved hype and, even today, still does.

Thanks for the info, I always thought that ToS and SoA where the same kind of games and equally good. Guess I'll go for SoA instead.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Around the Network
Copycon said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Copycon said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
lemieux-rules66 said:
Tails of Symphonia

Elaborate!

I've heard a lot of good about this game but I've never tried it and know next to nothing about it.

The characters are stupid (10 year olds could make better choices), the plot is predictable in many places, there are lots of filler things included just for people who want to waste hours collecting things, game mechanics which could be really useful turn out to be really useless, most of the cast of characters is ultimately not worth using, and the ending is really anticlimatic.

I could make a thread going into actual detail if anyone cared, but that's the gist of it.

Tales of Symphonia is extremely mediocre and in many ways quite awful as far as RPGs go. The problem is that there were so few RPGs on the Gamecube worth playing that it got a lot of undeserved hype and, even today, still does.

Thanks for the info, I always thought that ToS and SoA where the same kind of games and equally good. Guess I'll go for SoA instead.

I played both Skies of Arcadia Legends and Tales of Symphonia in the past 6 months.  I got much more fun and enjoyment from Skies of Arcadia than Tales of Symphonia because it's not pretentious.  I went into Skies of Arcadia looking for an action-packed story with air pirates and that's what I got.  It's not perfect by any standard (has quite a few flaws-they both do), but it was genuinely fun.

outlawauron said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Copycon said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
lemieux-rules66 said:
Tails of Symphonia

Elaborate!

I do! I also think Tales in very overrated! (although, I picked it to give it another try).

I've also been looking for Eternal Darkness. If anyone finds it online for a decent price. Let me know.

I'll see about making a thread then.  ^_^

Master Quest is good if you can find it.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

get the metroid prime series

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Pikmin

Super Smash Bros Melee

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I wonder about Melee.  I find it really hard to go back to Melee with Brawl around.

In fact, if it weren't for Roy... I probably wouldn't go back at all.

Words Of Wisdom said:

I wonder about Melee.  I find it really hard to go back to Melee with Brawl around.

In fact, if it weren't for Roy... I probably wouldn't go back at all.

Well, my friends actually like Melee more than Brawl, but then, one of them dislikes how they put delay on the execution of one of Fox's moves, and they tend to call Brawl cheap for some reasons... 

I have personally never tried Melee but I find their problems about Brawl quite invalid. 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Eternal Darkness (yes I have played I even did it on the 3 modes)
The Legend Of Zelda: Windwaker
Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Soul Calibur 2
Mario Kart Double Dash (some don't like it but I do)

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Tales of Symphonia
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Zelda: Windwaker
Starfox Assault
Metroid Prime [1 and 2]

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back