By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube games, Recommendations?

Copycon said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
lemieux-rules66 said:
Tails of Symphonia

Only if you can turn your brain off.

Elaborate!

I've heard a lot of good about this game but I've never tried it and know next to nothing about it.

The characters are stupid (10 year olds could make better choices), the plot is predictable in many places, there are lots of filler things included just for people who want to waste hours collecting things, game mechanics which could be really useful turn out to be really useless, most of the cast of characters is ultimately not worth using, and the ending is  really anticlimatic.

I could make a thread going into actual detail if anyone cared, but that's the gist of it.

Tales of Symphonia is extremely mediocre and in many ways quite awful as far as RPGs go.  The problem is that there were so few RPGs on the Gamecube worth playing that it got a lot of undeserved hype and, even today, still does. 

Around the Network

Second Sight. I really loved this game. The story and how they handled it was very well done. I also think the powers you get add to the fun gameplay and strategy in playing it.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

im also thinking of picking up some old gamecube games, i mean if you havent played them before it would be as if its a wii release in a way.

i might get that new wario world and starfox adventures 2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The games mentioned above plus Gladius and Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures.

The Prince of Persia Trilogy if you've missed it and of course LoZ the Wind Waker, The Four Swords Adventure I really like even a solo mode.

Around the Network

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect.

A nice singleplayer mode, with some missions to acccomplish.
Also a great multiplayer option, which you can play for loads and loads of hours
And some tasks you can complete.. I don't know the name. Like: "Kill 10 bots within 3 minutes". Get them all on gold, it's damn hard

MK7!! 3DS friend code: 0688 - 5579 - 0994

Also playing DotA2 beta!

Wow lots of games. Good response guys. To those that mentioned it I have Resi remake forgot to put that one in. Man I love nintendo loving people. You guys are some of the nicest people on here. Cheers for this thread staying awesomely clean. Anyways keep the games rollin, Obscure ones that are good I'll give a shot to. I going to town tommorrow to buy like 10 games cos they are so cheap. :)

Eternal Darkness - great game, full of mystery.

Animal Crossing - You play as a character and travel around a town and do stuff and collect items for your house, over the course of the time your house and village becomes bigger and you get to participate in various activities, great game, played it a lot of it myself.

Wind waker - awesome game, and great graphics. Good story and its fun finding out the puzzles

Mario kart DD - addictive mario kart racer thats fun to race with friends

havent heard Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (remake of ps1 mgs)

^_^

Words Of Wisdom said:
Copycon said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
lemieux-rules66 said:
Tails of Symphonia

Only if you can turn your brain off.

Elaborate!

I've heard a lot of good about this game but I've never tried it and know next to nothing about it.

The characters are stupid (10 year olds could make better choices), the plot is predictable in many places, there are lots of filler things included just for people who want to waste hours collecting things, game mechanics which could be really useful turn out to be really useless, most of the cast of characters is ultimately not worth using, and the ending is  really anticlimatic.

I could make a thread going into actual detail if anyone cared, but that's the gist of it.

Tales of Symphonia is extremely mediocre and in many ways quite awful as far as RPGs go.  The problem is that there were so few RPGs on the Gamecube worth playing that it got a lot of undeserved hype and, even today, still does. 

I do! I also think Tales in very overrated! (although, I picked it to give it another try).

I've also been looking for Eternal Darkness. If anyone finds it online for a decent price. Let me know.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.