By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - REMINDER: Eurogamer also Gave MGS3 a 8/10

I thought the game that made QTE's popular was shenmue... dynamite cop had them? I'm sure many others before that... dragons lair? Unless by qte you don't mean quick time event.

On another matter, I love MGS 1 and 2, but I never bothered to finish the 3rd, hated that camouflage system. Could never get it to work, was impossible to hide from guards on alert. You couldn't see far enough into the distance for the camera angle to work without a decent soliton (spelling?) radar unless you stopped ever couple of steps to check for enemies. Though I shall probably finish it just to get the story line before MGS4.

Hope there are some truely terrible conversations on the codec before the actions starts.

"Did you just say nerd?" "Not NERD, NODE"

"The boss is a master of CQC" "mmmm CQC huh"

CQC, they may as well have called it punch punch kick. Awesome stuff.

Yes

Around the Network

Well the QTE has really been big since GoW, even if earlier games had it

Munkeh111 said:
An 8 now, is better than an 8 last year. The standards of games improve over time, which is why GTA can get 10's because it pushes the boundaries of what is possible now, even if every game can have that amount of scope in the future (well they won't but....). If you look at the graphics scores of games, a 10 last year, would only get a 9 this year, and that same reasoning applies to other parts of the scores, to a lesser extent. Taken the QTEs in GoW, they were basically a brand new game element and they were praised, but now they have been used to death

Episode I should have received 10s while The Empire Strikes Back is only worthy of 6s.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Munkeh111 said:
An 8 now, is better than an 8 last year. The standards of games improve over time, which is why GTA can get 10's because it pushes the boundaries of what is possible now, even if every game can have that amount of scope in the future (well they won't but....). If you look at the graphics scores of games, a 10 last year, would only get a 9 this year, and that same reasoning applies to other parts of the scores, to a lesser extent. Taken the QTEs in GoW, they were basically a brand new game element and they were praised, but now they have been used to death

Episode I should have received 10s while The Empire Strikes Back is only worthy of 6s.

That is very different, you cannot just judge a film on technical merits. What I am talking about GTA wise is the amount of detail in the huge city which is just mind blowing

If IGN give it a pretty much perfect score, all other reviews are void

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
A. This topic wasn't really necessary.

B. If I wanted revenge for the "Sigma > Ninja Gaiden 2, hahaha" fiasco, now would be the time, but I choose to let those posts slide.

However, I won't be letting that "Wii-Fit flopped in sales but I don't believe in supply constrainment" post slide when it shows its legs and stays supply constrained until next year. Feel free to remove your names from them now, or fanboys will be owned on a weekly basis.

LOL revenge? How old are you?

OT Kind of a dissapointing score, but I guess Eurogamer is usually pretty tough on games, where everyone else is giving NG2 8's and 9's, they give it a 7, and where everyone else is giving MGS4 9's and 10's, they give it a 8. I don't know whether to call them tough or just craving for attention.

Munkeh111 said:
rocketpig said:
Munkeh111 said:

That is very different, you cannot just judge a film on technical merits. What I am talking about GTA wise is the amount of detail in the huge city which is just mind blowing

That's just it; they are the same. You have to judge a game on how it plays and how it tells its story, not on current technology trends. Those change on a yearly basis, storytelling and gameplay does not.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

darthdevidem01 said:
@Zenfolder

I never said Wii Fit flopped & I don't believe its supply constrained

Then how come Ebay, Amazon, Chart-tracker in europe, TheSource, my local news, my local gamestop, and every store on the internet say it is supply constrained?

Wouldn't they know better than you, since you are just making an uneducated guess based on hope?

Fanboys will be owned. Whether you are amongst them is your decision. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

FilaBrasileiro said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
A. This topic wasn't really necessary.

B. If I wanted revenge for the "Sigma > Ninja Gaiden 2, hahaha" fiasco, now would be the time, but I choose to let those posts slide.

However, I won't be letting that "Wii-Fit flopped in sales but I don't believe in supply constrainment" post slide when it shows its legs and stays supply constrained until next year. Feel free to remove your names from them now, or fanboys will be owned on a weekly basis.

LOL revenge? How old are you?

OT Kind of a dissapointing score, but I guess Eurogamer is usually pretty tough on games, where everyone else is giving NG2 8's and 9's, they give it a 7, and where everyone else is giving MGS4 9's and 10's, they give it a 8. I don't know whether to call them tough or just craving for attention.

I'm 27. Do you think the concept of revenge is reserved for children? I assure you, if you've ever debated me on this forum, you'll know how old I am.

Marginalizing this score is what MGS fanboys do. I don't have to ask you how old you are to know how you feel inside.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@zenfolder

for gods sake man read

I sain in my post that you have quoted:

I "never" said wii fit flopped & "I don't believe its supply constrained"

^^^^^

BASICALLY I never said the above things which mean

I KNOW Wii fit is supply constrained & I accept it is a hit..

I know I wrote it confusingly

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey