By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am truly annoyed at the wii

I'm actually a bit sad to see the cinematic game go too... I rather liked some of them, usually the off-the-wall incredibly niche ones like Okami (though interestingly enough, I never really got into that one until I played the Wii version). Tales of the Abyss and Suikoden V are still my favorite RPGs from the last decade. I have a lot of fond memories of the cinematic era, but just the same, I've said my goodbyes to it. I suggest you make your peace with it too, and enjoy what you have of it to the utmost (as well as enjoying what's still coming out in its style).

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

pfftt i'll just go on playing on all the consoles just like i did back when the dreamcast died.

Incert Witty Comment on how i'm a fanboy of all systems including PC here.

As long as we keep supporting our GTA, COD, GoW, GOW, Resistance, Halo, Oblivion and they each sell 3, 4, 5+ million, then I don't think we have much to worry about.

well those games wont go away as long as they keep selling,and some of ese casuals will become core gamers which will buy alot of the games you listed so no need to worry

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

xenophon13 said:
no i think you are right sky render. it seems like the cost of making games is sky rocketing out of control expecially on the 'hd' consoles...

Back then I paid about 120 Guilders for a PSX game, which is about 55 Euro, over 70USD. PS3 games cost now about 60-70 Euro. Most are 60 Euro, which is about 80USD. That's only 5 Euro more than 2 generations ago. Of course its too much for me as I like to buy a lot of games, a whole lot more than I did 10 years ago, so I import them mostly from the US or check Ebay UK. Still, comparing to the production costs which developers make for their games which are about 8-10 times more than like 10 years ago we actually don't pay that much more for games these days. @SC, ehhh... none? *I can't think of any "large budget" 3rd party title that sold well on the WII, is it even released yet??* I'm talking about core games here, not the Guitar Hero or Raving Rabbids stuff. Beyond Good and Evil Casual? Are you kidding?!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
As long as we keep supporting our GTA, COD, GoW, GOW, Resistance, Halo, Oblivion and they each sell 3, 4, 5+ million, then I don't think we have much to worry about.

I'm not so sure about that. With what the developers are spending now, there will soon not be enough revenue to go around. So even if you get to keep the top franchises, you will not see new ones introduced often (that is dying quickly, btw, just look in any gaming magazine. Over 80% of the games have a number somwhere in the title....). Soon, introducing new cinematic big-budget franchises is going to be too expensive, and even established ones will start to have a hard time. 

GTAIV did really well for itself, but not every game can break sales-records.

This is invisible text!

*~Onna76~* said:
If you love core / hardcore games like the GTA, Oblivion, Gears of Wars and stuff, the WII ain't really your thing. I'm saying this for a long time. IMO, the WII is officially a console for the younger, unexperienced gamers and gamers who like to play casual games. Developers are giving an answer about that. Ubisoft producing Raving Rabbids 3 and Baby crap game on the WII, while on the PS3 you have the Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil. I'm not saying the WII doesn't have core games or won't get them, but when they do, or they sell bad, or they're from Nintendo and sell great as the franchise is already known by the Nintendo public (Mario, Zelda). Therefore WII has become less favorite to me and is no longer my favorite console, Playstation 3 is, like the PS2 was over the GC, like PS was over my N64. I don't bother at all that there are casual games being produced. Good for the market, good to get more people into the gaming, but with only a few exceptions, it ain't really my style. I really do like the style of the WII and the idea from the beginning, concerning the console, with using controllers on a complete different way, but the way its turning out to be for... I like a lot less.

I didn't see your point. First you implied that known franchises sell on PS3, and right after you said that known franchises sell on Wii. Well, maybe some half-assed ports didn't even deserve to sell, but the thing is, that the similar sized franchises, that you have seen on PS360 top selling lists, that are on the Wii, are basically all from Nintendo.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

*~Onna76~* said:
xenophon13 said:
no i think you are right sky render. it seems like the cost of making games is sky rocketing out of control expecially on the 'hd' consoles...

Back then I paid about 120 Guilders for a PSX game, which is about 55 Euro, over 70USD. PS3 games cost now about 60-70 Euro. Most are 60 Euro, which is about 80USD. That's only 5 Euro more than 2 generations ago. Of course its too much for me as I like to buy a lot of games, a whole lot more than I did 10 years ago, so I import them mostly from the US or check Ebay UK. Still, comparing to the production costs which developers make for their games which are about 8-10 times more than like 10 years ago we actually don't pay that much more for games these days. @SC, ehhh... none? *I can't think of any "large budget" 3rd party title that sold well on the WII, is it even released yet??* I'm talking about core games here, not the Guitar Hero or Raving Rabbids stuff. Beyond Good and Evil Casual? Are you kidding?!

I think you should read this

And you clearly do not understand where they are talking about. it's about production costs, haven't you seen the losses many game companys are making now? 

PooperScooper said:
fkusumot said:
xenophon13 said:

Anyone else worried? I guess there is always pc gaming if only nintendo and nintendo sycophants remain...

Well there you go. What's the problem?

the problem is not all games go to PC.

Buy a DS then.

*~Onna76~* said:
xenophon13 said:

Actually aparently Beyond Good and Evil 2 is being made to be casual according to reports.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/29/beyond-good-and-evil-2-done-for-the-new-generation/