By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Some 360 and Wii stats based off MetaCritic.

stephen700 said:
Yer mettacritic is a bunch of old-gen console owners and hardcore console players who have no appreciation of what other people may find interesting.

I didn't realize critics were supposed to try and take into account how other people would like the game.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Strategyking92 said:

SMS is highly overrated, as much as- say halo 3.

EDIT: this statement is about to attract alot of heat...

I CAN'T WAIT!

YOu mean super mario sunshine right? If so I agree it was the worse mario imo. 

SMS is alright... I meant galaxy though.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

This thread is completely hilarious.

Professional Reviewers = Upmarket consumers.

Many 360 games = Upmarket
Many Wii games = Downmarket

Of course Professional Reviewers will agree with Upmarket games.

Anyway, back to the lulz.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

The very fact that reviews fail to take into account differing tastes just highlights their utter futility and uselessness. A quality-based rating system will inevitably be elitist. Nobody holds absolutely identical ideas of how good games are. If they did, there would not be vast huge gaps between the best and worst review scores for things.

Quantity, not quality, is the only scientifically valid way to measure a product's success. It's a form of cognitive dissonance to accept this, because it means that you have to put aside your personal bias and look at things from a down-to-earth perspective instead of how you want things to be. And sometimes that means you have to accept that something you hate is in fact a better product than something you love. While Okami may be highly appealing to me and rates highly to me personally, I recognize that Okami is not a success on the same level as Halo 3 (which I do not personally like).

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Sky Render said:
The very fact that reviews fail to take into account differing tastes just highlights their utter futility and uselessness. A quality-based rating system will inevitably be elitist. Nobody holds absolutely identical ideas of how good games are. If they did, there would not be vast huge gaps between the best and worst review scores for things.

Quantity, not quality, is the only scientifically valid way to measure a product's success. It's a form of cognitive dissonance to accept this, because it means that you have to put aside your personal bias and look at things from a down-to-earth perspective instead of how you want things to be. And sometimes that means you have to accept that something you hate is in fact a better product than something you love. While Okami may be highly appealing to me and rates highly to me personally, I recognize that Okami is not a success on the same level as Halo 3 (which I do not personally like).

Well, that is what a site like MetaCritic is basically doing.  By compiling a database of all these different tastes.  Not all of these people has similar tastes.  Therefore it is the games that bridge the gap of specific tastes and provide entertainment to the majority while also achieving a technical brilliance.

Around the Network

That's kind of missing the point. Tallying qualitative data in a quantitative form does not make it any less qualitative. Because your numeric data is still going to show bias towards the most prevalent qualitative components. And in the case of internet reviews, those components are most frequently values which apply only to those who are immersed in the gaming style prevalent on the PS2, PS3, 360, etc.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I'm confused. This is my history with Xbox:
I have a Wii.
I love it.
One day I felt like playing more games, and trying online, so I bought a 360.
I loved its graphics.
I bought Assassin's Creed.
While playing the game I ended up being able to replay Super Mario Galaxy faster than completing AC, because it was too repetitive and I wasn't able to play it longer than a hour or 2 per gameplay session max.
I ended up borrowing every single other game I played on the console, enjoying Orange Box the most of them(HL2 is a classic, but I already knew that).
I wanted to try Halo 3 online as the singleplayer was good, but I wanted more, but the M$ forced me into buying 3 MONTHS of Live, while I was only going to play for about two weeks. That ended up being two days, because I sucked bad in Halo 3 online. I got killed by every random n00b I encountered.
When I wanted to try Halo 3 local multiplayer on a party, as a nice addition to Mariokart Wii, I was surprised that it was too difficult to find the offline local-multiplayer option anywhere in the game. I was lucky I had downloaded Halo 1, but we played it and the multiplayer was shit, couldn't stand it. Singleplayer was só much better in that game.
I still love my Wii for all the great games I played on it.

That's Xbox 360, the so-called ''highest % AAA-game console'' of the generation.

if you want a gaming machine with a huge library of games , 360 is your choice....

Put some PS3 figures up and this can really get going...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

this certainly brought all the wii fanboys out and bashing didnt it.

Holy hell.

Its everyones opinion for hells sakes...like the post 3 above me.

Good for you!. Ive still yet to complete SMG and ive hada wii for 6 months now because i find it extremely boring, and ive played AC twice through before finish SMG.
See i can play that too.

Lets just end this right now.

Wii=casual gaming If you like casual gaming, the wii is for you! Also platforming and family!

360=Hardcore gamer, If you like shooters/rpgs/racing and non casual gaming then its for you! Multiplayer? Then its for you!

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!