By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video of FarCry2 running on PS3 and Xbox360

PS3 vid seems to be chugging a bit... hope they fix that. Otherwise Naznatips...I think 360 looks smooth and playable even now in the unfinished state.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
FJ-Warez said:

Slow downs at 47, 1:12, 1:28 with the mov and wmv versions...

And this game probably will be sub 720p...

It's also sub-30FPS at 20-28 seconds. There is pop-in throughout that scene and a lighting glitch at 27 seconds, and some minor screen tearing throughout.

I just downloaded the Quicktime video and watched it in realplayer and at the times listed i do not see any slowdown, i watched each part 20-40 times. At 20-28 seconds it maybe lower then 30FPS, but not by much. I have played PC games at 15-20 FPS and that video looks much faster. Yes there is pop-in during that scene but i did not see any during the combat parts which is what matters.

And what is screen tearing?  And where is this light glitch, i watched at 27seconds and never noticed anything out of place, what should i be looking at.

Griffin said:
naznatips said:
FJ-Warez said:

It's also sub-30FPS at 20-28 seconds. There is pop-in throughout that scene and a lighting glitch at 27 seconds, and some minor screen tearing throughout.

I just downloaded the Quicktime video and watched it in realplayer and at the times listed i do not see any slowdown, i watched each part 20-40 times.  At 20-28 seconds it maybe lower then 30FPS, but not by much.  I have played PC games at 15-20 FPS and that video looks much faster.  Yes there is pop-in during that scene but i did not see any during the combat parts which is what matters.  And what is screen tearing?

The first one is after he throws the grenade and crunch...

The second and the third one is after he used the rocket launcher...

None of us claimed below 20 fps, below 30 fps is the accurate claim...

The pop-in is always more noticiable when you are in open areas like Crysis... closed areas like the ones showed in the video usually don´t show any pop-in...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

theyboth look the same and both do suffer from frame rate drops(screen tearing)

Griffin said:

I just downloaded the Quicktime video and watched it in realplayer and at the times listed i do not see any slowdown, i watched each part 20-40 times. At 20-28 seconds it maybe lower then 30FPS, but not by much. I have played PC games at 15-20 FPS and that video looks much faster. Yes there is pop-in during that scene but i did not see any during the combat parts which is what matters.

And what is screen tearing?  And where is this light glitch, i watched at 27seconds and never noticed anything out of place, what should i be looking at.

Screen tearing is something that often accompanies FR issues.  It's when the something on screen is in the wrong position for just an instant.  This can be very slight (like this video, where a couple things are just inches out of place at times during the hang-gliding) or very noticeable.  27 seconds the light flickers over the character.  It may be more like 26.  It could just be bad in the engine, but it looked like a glitch to me.  

Most of the issues are during that first part where he's hang gliding on the PS3 verison.  The 360 I'm sure has the exact same issues, but because all you saw on the 360 version was gunfights and a lazy boat ride, all you see for it is the minor framerate drops.  The problem for these consoles trying to play this game comes in the size of the world and when trying to move around in the open world sections.  FJ-Warez did grab some FR Drops in the gunfights though which he kindly pointed out.

None of these issues are present at all on the PC Version videos to this point.

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
Griffin said:
naznatips said:
FJ-Warez said:

I just downloaded the Quicktime video and watched it in realplayer and at the times listed i do not see any slowdown, i watched each part 20-40 times. At 20-28 seconds it maybe lower then 30FPS, but not by much. I have played PC games at 15-20 FPS and that video looks much faster. Yes there is pop-in during that scene but i did not see any during the combat parts which is what matters. And what is screen tearing?

The first one is after he throws the grenade and crunch...

The second and the third one is after he use the rocket launcher...

None of us claimed below 20 fps, below 30 fps is the accurate claim...

The pop-in is always more noticiable when you are in open areas like Crysis... closed areas like the ones showed in the video usually don´t show any pop-in...

I see the one at 28 now, there seems to be a little hiccup as he looks at the fence right before he pops back up again.  But i still can't see the slowdown after the rockets are fired.  But it still appears to be better then GTA4 and its massive single digit FPS when you start to blow up more then a couple of cars.  Or when you play CoD4 online with 18 players on the BoG which hits 3-5 FPS at certain times and never goes above 20fps.

naznatips said:
Glad I have a PC instead... looks like some major stress issues on the consoles for this game. They aren't running on the same engine as the PC version though.

Huh? Looks like the same engine to me. Also, the guy in another clip talks about "for Far Cr2 we developed a new engine for the PC and next gen consoles".

I think it runs smoother on the X360, but looks better on PS3

Justice is always Right... Oh wait... that was Wright...

type of game that will be best on pc

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I think it looks more crisp and vibrant on the PS3 version, but it definitely has a lower framerate. 360 looks a bit dull side by side, but that might just be because of the time of day/area.