By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - why was my thread closed

Words Of Wisdom said:
TalonMan said:
Chrizum said:
The thread was locked because the moderator who locked the thread didn't agree with you.

I don't want to be cynical but that's just how it works here on VGChartz and I don't like it one bit.

I don't know who locked the thread, but I do take issue with this comment.

That is NOT the way things are run around here and you've been here long enough to know better, I would have thought. That's not being cynical, that's being downright slanderous, and I don't like it one bit.

If you (or anyone else in this thread) has a problem with a thread getting locked, take it to one of the head mods and they will address it in the moderator forum. That's the way we deal with things around here.

Except that it doesn't matter whether or not you believe that is/isn't the way things are run around here. It's the perception that people have of it.

When ssj12 was going to close a thread in the Sony forum, he put his reason in the thread before he closed it. It was 100% clear why he was closing it. When a polite poster's thread is just closed with no reason, no explanation, and no clear indication from the thread that there was anything wrong with it... it makes it seem that way. And since no one took responsibility, users blame all moderators even those who had nothing to do with it.

You may not like the way many users here view the moderators, but it is your actions and those of other moderators that shape those views. If you wish the views to change, you must first reconsider your actions.

Wow, this is exactly how I feel. Nicely written, man.

Around the Network

Since no moderator left a comment or message explaining why the thread was locked, I'll unlock it.

Again, if you think there's some crazy corruption or such nonsense going on, PM me or another mod about it...it's usually just some miscommunication, no need to fly off the hook.

Things will get done a lot faster and easier if you message the moderator instead of make a thread and slander about it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Who would dare lock such a meaningful thread....a thread full of common sen- i cant even finish that sentence

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I don't know who locked it, but if you find a thread locked without a reason as to why, message me or Benkenobi or email mods@vgchartz.com. Do not make topics about it. Locking this one since the issue is resolved.