By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - why was my thread closed

tombi123 said:
Would it have been locked if John Lucas had made the thread? :P

Well, MontanaHatchet did lock John Lucas' Wii Fit thread.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=7961

Around the Network

The thread was locked because the moderator who locked the thread didn't agree with you.

I don't want to be cynical but that's just how it works here on VGChartz and I don't like it one bit.

superchunk said:
WoW the thread seemed more bait.

The best judge of a troll thread is the OP.  If the OP takes the time to return to the thread and answer those who respond, it's less likely to be a troll as trolls are very much hit & run creatures.  If the OP takes the time to not only respond, but also respond politely as the OP in this case did, it is highly unlikely to be a troll though the prediction may have seemed a little out there to some.

This looks very much like a moderator who read the first couple of posts, decided he/she did not like the thread, and closed it without sufficient reason.

Very disappointing. 

I don't think it should have been closed.

i agree it shouldnt have been closed, neither should my thread on Japan+Others Sales!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28006

Around the Network
PS360ForTheWin said:
i agree it shouldnt have been closed, neither should my thread on Japan+Others Sales!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28006

What, that threas has been closed too? What's going on here..?

The moderators have some explaining to do, they're ruining this site.

Now, I think PS360ForTheWin's thread was worse than densiyrex's, because the drop America to make PS3 look good technique has been used before by trolls. However, I don't think either thread should have been locked as neither really got out of hand.

It would be nice to know what rules they (or other posters) broke that got their thread locked. There has been hundreds times worse threads that continue for pages before they get locked or people lose interest.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@crizum

their not "ruining" this site....slight hiccups thats all..

don't over-exaggerate

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

nordlead said:
Now, I think PS360ForTheWin's thread was worse than densiyrex's, because the drop America to make PS3 look good technique has been used before by trolls. However, I don't think either thread should have been locked as neither really got out of hand.

It would be nice to know what rules they (or other posters) broke that got their thread locked. There has been hundreds times worse threads that continue for pages before they get locked or people lose interest.

I wasnt trolling, i was showing that you can manipulate the numbers by withdrawing a region, it was in response to threads that had used only NA numbers to say the 360 was winning comfotablly.

edit: how long till they close this thread down i wonder? 

TalonMan said:
Chrizum said:
The thread was locked because the moderator who locked the thread didn't agree with you.

I don't want to be cynical but that's just how it works here on VGChartz and I don't like it one bit.

I don't know who locked the thread, but I do take issue with this comment.

That is NOT the way things are run around here and you've been here long enough to know better, I would have thought. That's not being cynical, that's being downright slanderous, and I don't like it one bit.

If you (or anyone else in this thread) has a problem with a thread getting locked, take it to one of the head mods and they will address it in the moderator forum. That's the way we deal with things around here.

Except that it doesn't matter whether or not you believe that is/isn't the way things are run around here. It's the perception that people have of it.

When ssj12 was going to close a thread in the Sony forum, he put his reason in the thread before he closed it. It was 100% clear why he was closing it. When a polite poster's thread is just closed with no reason, no explanation, and no clear indication from the thread that there was anything wrong with it... it makes it seem that way. And since no one took responsibility, users blame all moderators even those who had nothing to do with it.

You may not like the way many users here view the moderators, but it is your actions and those of other moderators that shape those views. If you wish the views to change, you must first reconsider your actions.