By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When Will Wii Fit pass GTAIV?

Thats the longest line of numbers....ever!

Wii fit wont overtake the combined GTA4 sales....nope

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

That is one hell of a projection. 220 weeks is a long time...

@The source

COD4 PS360 combined was doing 120 - 160K early in the year

I highly doubt GTA IV combined will drop to 80K

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yeah but that was a slower drop because the game came out during the holidays. You could be right though, we'll have to see.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I think it could be even sooner. WiiFit is likely to have Nintendog / Brain Age type legs were it will still in the top 20 (occasionally top 10) even 200 weeks out.

GTAIV in comparison has already sold to a huge % of total PS360 entire base and can only drop off from here. It will have great legs but not compared to WiiFit.

Around the Network

i do i do!!! TheSource +1

I bet someone ($50 to him if i'm wrong, $90 to me if i'm right) that Wii Fit LTD WW sales would be greater than GTA4 Combined LTD WW sales per VGChartz.com as of the end of the week that contains 5/31/09.

So I think it will happen by then, obv

It is just a matter of supply. I would say it would happen sooner, but I don't trust Nintendo to make the boards fast enough

Also, I disagree with the Source's table, which has GTA4 selling 19mil in the first 220 weeks...I don't think that it will sell that much ever

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Gamerace said:
I think it could be even sooner. WiiFit is likely to have Nintendog / Brain Age type legs were it will still in the top 20 (occasionally top 10) even 200 weeks out.

GTAIV in comparison has already sold to a huge % of total PS360 entire base and can only drop off from here. It will have great legs but not compared to WiiFit.

There are a couple of things I want to add ...

Unlike Grand Theft Auto 4, Wii Fit can be considered an add on as much as it can be considered a game and other games which take advantage of it will help keep interest high in Wii Fit for a very long time.

Wii Fit will see unusually high boosts in sales (for a game) for Christmas, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it outsold GTA by 2 Million units worldwide in November and December 2008 (and again in 2009).

This game will sell as fast as Nintendo can create the hardware for it.

It would pass GTAIV in the next few weeks if Nintendo shipped 6 million units.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I would have to say GTA4 if only for the fact that the game will be 20$ before we know it (the other GTAs have been 20$ for ages) but I think The Source took it in consideration.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...