By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did nintendo shoot their load too fast this year?

We all can see that Nintendo is dominating the other consoles.  What i want to know is, should they have spread out SSBB, MK Wii and Wii fit?  What else do they have in the bag for the rest of the year that will drive sales?

I am pretty sure that even without releasing another big game they will outsell the other consoles.  But with their supply issues it (the fact that it would sell out with out all these games crammed together) it would seem to make sense to spread the games out, maybe even putting one around Christmas time.  what do yall think?  Also what big games does ninty have coming out this year?

Around the Network

umm... this has been discussed elsewhere, with less troubling thread titles... I don't remember the other places though. In essence, 3rd parties will pick up the slack. Nintendo is giving them a chance to deliver.

They will announce two or three big titles for the holidays. Probably Animal Crossing, Pikmin 3 and one core game like Starfox or something. So no I don't think the prematurely shot their load.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

This is a good question. The Wii will continue to dominate the hardware and software sales through march 2009 solely on Wii Fit, Mario Kart and Brawl. Remember, Wii Fit was just released and Brawl won't be released in PAL until end of june.

After march 2009? I'm not sure. There are still some pretty big games coming from Nintendo, like Animal Crossing, Pikmin, F-Zero, and presumably Kid Icarus. In a couple of years Nintendo will also release a new Zelda, and maybe even a Galaxy sequel.

So yeah, it remains to be seen, but I think Nintendo has it pretty much under control for now.

ninty is giving 3rd parties some room,also im sure it will have a big game for christmas

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
xenophon13 said:

We all can see that Nintendo is dominating the other consoles.  What i want to know is, should they have spread out SSBB, MK Wii and Wii fit?  What else do they have in the bag for the rest of the year that will drive sales?

I am pretty sure that even without releasing another big game they will outsell the other consoles.  But with their supply issues it (the fact that it would sell out with out all these games crammed together) it would seem to make sense to spread the games out, maybe even putting one around Christmas time.  what do yall think?  Also what big games does ninty have coming out this year?

Nintendo changed policy last year and will only announce titles a few months prior to launch.  All their holiday titles will be announced at E3.

They still have plenty of untapped IP's left and new IP's on the way.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I say wait until E3 to say whether or not Nintendo will have any big games for the last half the year. 3rd party or 1st, after E3 this question will be moot.

Let's also not forget that nothing prevents them from releasing a new Zelda or Mario game this generation.

Look at Sony last gen: 3 Sly Coopers, 4 or 5 Jak and Daxters , 3 or 4 Ratchet and Clanks, 4 Socoms, etc...Why should we assume Nintendo is only allowed 1 title per franchise per generation?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Bahh can't people wait until AFTER E3 before making threads like this???

Nintendo isn't like M$ or Sony, they dont need to hype games three years before release

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Chrizum said:
This is a good question. The Wii will continue to dominate the hardware and software sales through march 2009 solely on Wii Fit, Mario Kart and Brawl. Remember, Wii Fit was just released and Brawl won't be released in PAL until end of june.

After march 2009? I'm not sure. There are still some pretty big games coming from Nintendo, like Animal Crossing, Pikmin, F-Zero, and presumably Kid Icarus. In a couple of years Nintendo will also release a new Zelda, and maybe even a Galaxy sequel.

So yeah, it remains to be seen, but I think Nintendo has it pretty much under control for now.

they will release the games you mentioned,but not a SMG sequel cause they only release one per console

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"