By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will be in front of 360 by November 2008.

Skeeuk said:
ps3 will overtake 360 mid 2009, and from then on 360 will be left behind.
hopefully the playstation 3 can like the ps2 before it, secure many console releases once the ps3 sales rocket past 360.

this would cut out lazy ports, and majority may lead develop for the "console of choice"

That's quite an assumption, considering the PS2 was in a market with no strong competitors.  I'm fairly certain the only console doing any "rocketing" this generation is going to be the Wii. 

Around the Network
crumas2 said:
Skeeuk said:
ps3 will overtake 360 mid 2009, and from then on 360 will be left behind.
hopefully the playstation 3 can like the ps2 before it, secure many console releases once the ps3 sales rocket past 360.

this would cut out lazy ports, and majority may lead develop for the "console of choice"

That's quite an assumption, considering the PS2 was in a market with no strong competitors.  I'm fairly certain the only console doing any "rocketing" this generation is going to be the Wii. 

The PS3 wont get anywhere near the PS2 worldwide sales im sorry to say

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

MikeB said:
Assuming the 360 sells as many units in 2008 as in 2007, that would mean 7.3 million sales and 25 million units sold to retail by the end of 2008 in total.

I hope nobody is assuming that!  The 360 has sold 49% better in the first 21 weeks of 2008 than it did in the first 21 weeks of 2007 (worldwide).

If we're going to make any assumption, then you should assume that the current +49% trend will continue for the rest of 2008, i.e. 10.9 million sales and 28.6 million sold to retail by end of 2008.

I don't see how the PS3 can make that up in either 2008 or 2009.