By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will be in front of 360 by November 2008.

sharky you sound a lot like starcraft. You should save face and become a PS3 fan. Sony domination. You can not flog the losing MS horse anymore. 360 is slowly dying off.

Around the Network

No way. Mid-2009 or Q4-2009 are most likely, not Q4-2008 (not even December). I think even Mid-2009 is pretty hard. Weekly sales should be enormous (Nov-2008) for this to happen

I'm enjoying this thread.

Some people are going nuts trying to disprove an impossible claim.

Some are wonder what is Rock_on's belief.

Some are just reveling in the thread (like me!)

I really need to post how LBP could be Sony's magic bullet, but they'll miss it as they try to make PS3 profitable.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Anyone can make a claim. That's easy. Any idiot can do it. It doesn't take any bravery or intelligence.

Backing up that claim with solid logic and a wealth of factual information, that takes effort.

The more you post, I´m more convinced that you are leo-j

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
Viper1 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Viper1 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
super_etecoon said:
I don't know if Sony will sell 5.8 million ps3s by that time.....

And you are suggestion that if that were to occur that the 360 would just stop selling completely?

At some point Rock-on needs to lose his membership to this site. He's giving all the credible "analysts" (like Leo-J) at this site a bad name.
PS3 will sell 9 million in 6 months compared to 360 selling 3 million in same time period. MGS 4 and LBP sales will be huge.
You do realize Sony only plans to ship 10 million PS3's between March 31st, 2008 and March 31st, 2009?

Are you trying to tell me that they will sell 9 of those 10 million by Novemeber and only sell 1 million more between Dec 01, 2008 and March 31st, 2009?

Even Kaz is laughing at you right now.
We all know that Sony low-balled though, and willd definitely be raising in the coming quarters, to make it look good.
Sony themselves have stated that this FY is about profit, not market share. That basically means no hardware increases because it's not selling out as it already is and the focus on profit means no price cuts whcih again means no shipment increase in warranted.
Whoa there.  I agree that Sony is not going to cut prices for a long time or until they can do it profitably, and Rock_on_2008's prediction is clearly insane, but the PS3 does appear to be gaining momentum.  I think it's entirely possible that we'll see considerably higher numbers than Sony is currently forecasting.  In fact, I'll be pretty surprised if that's not the case. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Squilliam said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Sony will have to ship more PS3's to meet growing global demand. I expect Sony will ship over 16 million between March 31 2008 to March 31 2009. 15 million PS3's will be sold during that period.

Mmmmm crack.

Why is that unrealistic ? with a cheaper price point and a far better quality of games out for the PS3 i'm sure it could achieve 13-14.5 mill sales.

On Topic : I think the prediction is too early the PS3 wil beat the 360 somewhere between January and June 2009 (or when ever GT5 is released). 

Rock_on 2008, you make far too many trollish-threads and troll-comments.

What pisses me off is that even youself don't believe in the crap you write. (not saying everything you post is bad, but these attention-seeking statements are, and there's been lot of them lately). I know that you don't, because it's pretty obvious that you make predictions depending on the mood you happen to be in.

Like a week ago, you had a pro-X360 week. You wrote semi-negative stuff about the PS3 (for example that MGS4 will sell 3 million lifetime if it's lucky) and hyped Gears of War 2 and whatnot. A few days later it was 5 mill MGS4, Sonydomination, LBP all over.

I think it's a little sad that many here are spending hours in preparing and writing for serious threads but getting way less response than you get by posting sensationalist one-liners.

Slimebeast: It just shows that he suffers from the disease I see plaguing America (since I live there) -- interpreting the evidence based on emotion and what you WANT to see as opposed to rationally and with the unswerving goal of arriving at the FACTS. The chief vector for this disease is currently Fox News and talk radio.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Everstar said:
Lol Ps3 will never pass 360 =)

Ooops

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot