By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox360 attach rate 27% PS3 28% - Xbox360 won GTAIV.

With the attach rates so close and the game never selling very well on the original Xbox I would have to pick the Xbox360 as the winner here. They beat expectations that the PS3 would have a higher attach rate or even greater sales due to the series being a legacy of the Playstation brand.

Microsoft scores a moderate victory over Sony for the game GTAIV.

Have a beer Xbox360 fanboys.

Tease.

Around the Network

thats why after the game released the gap between the consoles went from 6.4 to 5.83...

(Also there are still over 7mil users to reach)

first let me say you just got owned by the user above me(haha) and second the 360 has a bigger installed base in NA what did you expect? world wide its a diffferent story........you fail.

PooperScooper said:

thats why after the game released the gap between the consoles went from 6.4 to 5.83...

(Also there are still over 9mil users to reach)

Doesn't matter. GTAIV is not a reason for that gap. Besides I wasn't talking about console sales I was talking about games.

The game will remain on the Xbox360 platform and this is extremely certain.

Tease.

I think the gap was closed by some adjustments, GTA4 didn't boost consoles at all on America, and in Europe it was a close one, not 600k like you are saying.

It's a victory for MS no doubt, since they became the most important platform for the GTA franchise.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Great, now the definition of better attach rate is subjective. I think I'm going crazy.

saprano1 said:
first let me say you just got owned by the user above me(haha) and second the 360 has a bigger installed base in NA what did you expect? world wide its a diffferent story........you fail.

It doesn't matter, A win is a win.

Tease.

Fine dont accept HW boost... but let me correct your math

33% - Ps3
28% - 360

You were including Japans numbers in your shit... It obviously isnt released there... obviously you fail

Ps3

Japan - 0%
NA - 37%
Others - 30%

Japan - 0%
NA - 31%
Others - 24%

(PS you can ignore the numbers all you want and say GTA4 didnt contribute to shortening the gap but a month before its release the gap was 6.24mil now its 5.83... I fin it hard to believe GTA didn't play a role in there.)

@PooperScooper/Saprano1

Since when did attach rate have anything to do with install base? You're comparing a figure to a percentage.

Lol people arguing that attach rate means win...
360 has a bigger install base, that's what counts, as sales were bigger.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies