By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1UP Review --- Ninja Gaiden 2 --- **B-**

NJ5 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
if this was the case with MGS4 (as in MGS3/2 getting better reviews than it) then it would be funny to see peoples response

But it's slightly different, isn't it? Comparing NGS to NG2 scores is clearly console fanboyism, since one is a 360 exclusive and the other is a remake on a Playstation platform...

It's the same thing as if Wii fanboys pounced on RE5 for getting lower scores than RE4 Wii... Who cares?

NG2 is getting much lower score then NG.

Around the Network

@NJ5

how is it fanboyism...

pointing out that a remake of the original gets a higher score than the "so-called Remake & enhancement" is a worthy point to make...

stop being so defensive..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@NJ5

how is it fanboyism...

pointing out that a remake of the original gets a higher score than the "so-called Remake & enhancement" is a worthy point to make...

stop being so defensive..

To me, the implication seems to be "HA, TAKE THAT 360 FANBOYS, THE PLAYSTATION REMAKE IS BETTER THAN YOUR NEW GAME".

It's not explicitly there, but if people want to avoid that implication, they'll just compare Ninja Gaiden 2 to Ninja Gaiden, period. Doing it the other way seems to me like baiting people into another PS3 vs 360 fight.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Meh I think the only reason the PS3 game got such good scores was because it was so early in the generation >_>; That game didn't feel like "AAA" material to me XD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

@NJ5

so what if I say that??

As that is the true feeling in my mind...if people wanna fight over it thats their problem not mine..

I am not gonna be responsible for their actions as yes I do feel...."HA Ps3 remake got a better score..LAWLZ!"

Around the Network

@chronotrigger

I agree....NGS put me to sleep

what does this all say? i've talked to people who don't like GTAIV as they like San Andreas, or they are quickly bored with the game, while GTAIV is hailed by so many reviewers..

''Hadouken!''

@chrono

Well NGS wasn't quite "AAA" material, it got 87% on gamerankings :P

And with the 87% on IGN ... who knows , maybe the metacritics score will be saved if they pay some $$$ for Gamespot and they will rate it an 11/10 :P

Oh , and this should have been the 360s hardware pusher for the summer period ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

darthdevidem01 said:
@NJ5

so what if I say that??

As that is the true feeling in my mind...if people wanna fight over it thats their problem not mine..

I am not gonna be responsible for their actions as yes I do feel...."HA Ps3 remake got a better score..LAWLZ!"

I didn't try to censor you, I merely pointed out the fact that this comparison is cherry picking and flamebait.

Different reviewers, different contexts, uncomparable scores. But since you have pointed out that you just want to get your fanboyish satisfaction across, it's all moot, since those factors will for sure be ignored.

@hunter_alien: All I'm expecting is a great game, I don't care if it pushes hardware or not :P If NPD is right and not even GTA4 boosted monthly sales, what games can we really expect to push hardware in their launch week/month? The jury is still out on that one, so we won't know for a while.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957