By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Street Fighter IV will be released in all HD consoles and PC except for Wii

I don't think Wii counts as a HD console or a PC.

Anyway, that really sucks, but it's not exactly surprising (unless the ps2 gets one and the wii gets a port of that, that's a shot at 3rd party Dev's and not the Wii by the way).

I've always stood by my belief that the DS should get it's own SF4 game (2D with monsterous amounts of detail), not that that's related to this thread.

Around the Network

had such good opinions regarding Capcom and the Wii but they've gone really quiet. Guess the Wii failed those tests after all.  At the same time Konami release the Amazing Wii Pro Evo, announced Elebits 2, have hinted at Wii / Ds connectivity in the new Castlevania and aren't denying quashing the Wii Castlevania rumours.

Are Konami and Capcom switching places in terms of Wii Support.

Me said:

had such good opinions regarding Capcom and the Wii but they've gone really quiet. Guess the Wii failed those tests after all. At the same time Konami release the Amazing Wii Pro Evo, announced Elebits 2, have hinted at Wii / Ds connectivity in the new Castlevania and aren't denying quashing the Wii Castlevania rumours.

Are Konami and Capcom switching places in terms of Wii Support.

I don't think the Wii failed any tests. It's possible (likely?) this game was already under development before the Wii became a success, which would explain why a port will either not come, or come later. The same thing happened with PES 2008 (Konami).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

now i'm just pissed. wii could easily handle SF4 graphics so why they won't make a wii version?

At what point does next-gen become this gen?

Anywho.. PC/Wii combo wins again

Around the Network

I guess they liked the 3 million the franchise has sold on the Playstation-plattforms more than the 12 million it sold on Nintendo. It really pisses me off

tabsina said:
At what point does next-gen become this gen?

Anywho.. PC/Wii combo wins again

But a PS3/Wii combo is better.=)

So CAPCOM will make a spin off instead then like Umbrella Chronicles? -_-

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Who cares really? havent played a SF game since SNES days.

It would probably been a million seller on the Wii so it's their loss really.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

yushire said:
So CAPCOM will make a spin off instead then like Umbrella Chronicles? -_-

So, are you making fun of Wii owners, hating on capcom, or "awe shucks'n" with us? I know English is your second language, so its kinda hard to detect exactly which way your posts are leaning since you tend to post passive-agressively anyway, and that's sometimes hard to detect from very clear posters, lol.

Wii owners get Brawl. That's a pretty good fighting fix, I'd say. I will only pick this up if it's deep and amazing like Street Fighter 3, not shallow and dumbed-down like Street Fighter 2. Yeah, that's right. I'm a SF3 fanboy, and SF2 is godaweful by todays standards. SF3, however, still stands as one of the greatest 2D fighters.

So, will capcom try to cash in by appealing to the much larger, and more casual nostaligic feel of the long ago Street Fighter fan? Or will they try to appeal to their hardcore base SF3 fans? Let's hope they don't casual this up and give us crap like I expect them to do.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.