By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game has the best graphics,to date?

Crysis's ocean shader has better reflection/refractions and chromatic aberration which lair does not.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

GT5:P

kenzomatic said:
Crysis's ocean shader has better reflection/refractions and chromatic aberration which lair does not.

That's only noticable when looking into a more shallow body of water on a smaller scale or underwater. Neither of which are what I was comparing to in the first place, much less have an argument against.

TheRealMafoo said:
Chrizum said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Chrizum said:

You can of course say Game X is technically more advanced than Game Y, or that game Y has an art direction you prefer more, but the best looking games are both technically proficient and have a good art direction.

You just ruled out every Wii game right there. Yes, games like Okami and SMG have great art direction. But if the best looking games need both, the Wii is incapable of competing.

I think you fail to recognize what technically proficient means.

Super Mario Galaxy is technically more proficient than most other games, it runs at 60 fps all the time, it looks super sharp, there are no visual glitches whatsoever, it uses many of the latest visual tricks like bloom lightning and advanced shaders... I could go on, but you get the idea. There is nothing that restricts Super Mario Galaxy in what it tries to achieve. It makes perfect use of the hardware and it doesn't look bad or ugly at a single moment. The game is simply gorgeous.

We are just going to have to disagree on this one. There is no way anyone will ever convince me that SMG looks better then Uncharted, or a dozen other games on the HD consoles for that matter.

If you think it does, they you have a vastly different definition as to what great graphics are.

Actually, Uncharted probably looks way better than Galaxy. I only played the demo so I really can't comment on it too much though. I'm just saying Galaxy looks better than most other games, for example, I think it looks better than Resistance, and better than Rainbow Six 2. While the latter games are probably technically more advanced, they still don't look as good as Galaxy.

Chrizum said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Chrizum said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Chrizum said:

You can of course say Game X is technically more advanced than Game Y, or that game Y has an art direction you prefer more, but the best looking games are both technically proficient and have a good art direction.

You just ruled out every Wii game right there. Yes, games like Okami and SMG have great art direction. But if the best looking games need both, the Wii is incapable of competing.

I think you fail to recognize what technically proficient means.

Super Mario Galaxy is technically more proficient than most other games, it runs at 60 fps all the time, it looks super sharp, there are no visual glitches whatsoever, it uses many of the latest visual tricks like bloom lightning and advanced shaders... I could go on, but you get the idea. There is nothing that restricts Super Mario Galaxy in what it tries to achieve. It makes perfect use of the hardware and it doesn't look bad or ugly at a single moment. The game is simply gorgeous.

We are just going to have to disagree on this one. There is no way anyone will ever convince me that SMG looks better then Uncharted, or a dozen other games on the HD consoles for that matter.

If you think it does, they you have a vastly different definition as to what great graphics are.

Actually, Uncharted probably looks way better than Galaxy. I only played the demo so I really can't comment on it too much though. I'm just saying Galaxy looks better than most other games, for example, I think it looks better than Resistance, and better than Rainbow Six 2. While the latter games are probably technically more advanced, they still don't look as good as Galaxy.
 What is with the ridiculous white outline on mario in mario galaxy?

Yes

Around the Network

uncharted

when you pop out with sully on the scene where the german u-boat appears, WOW moving the camera around to look at the views is staggering

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Imperial said:
Chrizum said:
BioShock, Super Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed, Lost Winds

Graphics , not art direction , Wii games shoudln't even be mentioned on this thread.(IMO)

GT5 and Uncharted are amongst the best i've seen.

Well aren't you just a Nazi then.  Sorry that everything has to look the exact same.  Art direction and graphics are one in the same noob.  Definition of graphics is the visuals that best fit the atmosphere the game potrays.

Which is why so far I'd say Super Mario Galaxy and Uncharted.  Not going to include GT5P because I think that took no effort whatsoever.  Anyone can try to recreate life as it's seen, and then come up failing.  It takes a real genius to create something completely new.  Uncharted and SMG do that well.

Call of Duty 4

*bleu-ocelot* said:
What game has the best graphics out of all the current generation games,across the three platform? PC not included for obvious reasons.

alkndgvlkjnqwpoujrdl;a,jcplacaksjf

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Chrizum said:

Now we are on the same page. Yes, SMG looks better then a lot of the HD games, because it has better art direction. The issue is the best, and the best would be a game with both high technical capabilities, and great art direction. Both of those can be achieved on an HD console, while only one can be achieved on the Wii.

Uncharted has both, and both in spades. SMG looks great with the hardware available, but I bet if the same team made it for the 360 or the PS3, it would look a lot better. They would have taken it a step farther.