By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts week 21 (2008), More GTA IV & Wii Fit, Haze launch week.

BKK2 said:

If this is correct then GT5:P should have charted higher on the Console, handheld, & PC Chart than on the Console & Handheld Chart.

I've just checked and this is indeed the case.

You are sure. I have never seen differencies for gran turismo 5 prologue.

Around the Network

Hannah Montana was in the top 10 in australia

Dear oh dear

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mrstickball said:
Question: When Mario and Sonic was supply-constrained, did it drop that low in the top-40?

It dropped comlpetely out of the top 40. From number 1 to gone. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

We have ELSPA UK sales awards for May.
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=820098

GTAIV for X360 breaks 600k mark, PS3 version breaks 300k and should be close to 600k (I'm sure it will get Doube Platinium award next month). GT5P still is below 300k and will have to wait for Platinium award one month more. WiiFit breaks 300k (what was expected after it sold 215k in April alone).

Chart-Track said GTA IV was at 1.35m through last week with the split at 57/43 which equals 360: 769.5k, PS3: 580.5k with a margin of error of 7k. May sales awards finished a week earlier than I was expecting. Anyway, I guess next month will be a five week month; May 25 - June 28.

Around the Network

GT5P still is below 300k and will have to wait for Platinium award one month more.

Yeah, it was on 252k through April so it sold less than 48k in May. As you say, should go Platinum in June.

Haze is so up and down in these charts....sometimes near the top, sometime snear the bottom...Free Radical could have had a HUGE opening if they had played their cards right...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

BKK2: So GTA IV for 360 will need to sell almost 50k per week for the coming 5 weeks to get to diamond award next month. That seems a bit much since it probably sold around that amount this week. Probably won't happen before July then.

@koffie: You're probably right. After week 20 GTA IV sales were estimated at 1.266 mln. So this week GTA IV saw sales at around 80-90k (BKK said GFK reported it's at 1.35 mln after last week). X360 version should have sold around 50k but obviously sales will go down.
I think it will get Diamond status in July or August and it will be quite an acomplishment. If it happened we will know it is the best selling X360 game in UK and (if we exclude WiiPlay) best-selling game for this-gen home consoles.

koffieboon said:
BKK2: So GTA IV for 360 will need to sell almost 50k per week for the coming 5 weeks to get to diamond award next month. That seems a bit much since it probably sold around that amount this week. Probably won't happen before July then.

Yeah, as you say, it's not likely to happen in June, but should pass it in July. It should become the top selling 360 game in June though. Halo 3 & COD4 are probably somewhere around 800k.