By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Left 4 Dead Gone Til' November *tear*

Thinking about it too... can't help but think it's a month late. I mean what would be better Halloween Night then turning out the lights, going online and having zombie mayham.

Around the Network

Yeah. Would be nice if L4D did launch as a Halloween title.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Well a beta is definitely possible...TF2's beta was what, 2 weeks before the Orange Box release? We may be playing L4D on Halloween yet.

And heck, they might even finish earlier than November.

But this is Valve...

So it might also finish next June.  What would rock is if the 360 version was holding them back, they could just release the PC version on time and delay the 360 version...but I suppose that would piss off a lot of people...meh.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Well a beta is definitely possible...TF2's beta was what, 2 weeks before the Orange Box release? We may be playing L4D on Halloween yet.

And heck, they might even finish earlier than November.

But this is Valve...

So it might also finish next June. What would rock is if the 360 version was holding them back, they could just release the PC version on time and delay the 360 version...but I suppose that would piss off a lot of people...meh.

They are definitely thinking of a demo for L4D, but it's up in the air of whether or not they will launch it before or after the game releases.

Shack: Will there be a demo as well?

Doug Lombardi: I think so, I think so. Whether or not there will be a demo before or after is something we're still talking about. You know, most of the time we've done them afterwards, so we'll see where it falls.

There's a link I believe after that original one saying there WON'T be a demo though.

But that could be referring to the 360, and that could be referring to a demo, compared to a beta, which are definitely different.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Expected. It's Valve. They still aren't giving a concrete release date either. Could be pushed back even further.

Definitely a game to buy on PC for me.

Final-Fan said:
rocketpig said:
Strategyking92 said:
lol resistance 2, killzone 2 ;against left4dead and GoW2
No-brainer prediction of the day:

Left4Dead and Gears 2 absolutely annihilate R2 and KZ2 (even though sony pushed back KZ2).

You've got Valve being Valve and Epic touting their finest franchise (sorry UT fans, those days are done). I still want to play R2 but those are some serious heavyweights to compete against.
As a whole, I agree [edit: with the side you picked to win]. Individually, I think it's far from guaranteed that the second Gears will outperform the second Resistance game. In fact, RFOM has comparable (but better) legs compared to Gears -- it's only the fact that RFOM apparently had NO launch spike that gives Gears its huge total sales advantage.

But wasn't Resistance bundled with the PS3 for a while?