By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Rumored Starcraft II requirements bogus. Woohoo!

BenKenobi88 said:
Doesn't matter. If you don't have at least a Radeon 1000 series or equivalent Geforce card, the game probably won't run well.

So you don't think a GeForce 6800 or Radeon 800 will run Starcraft? I believe easily.

Around the Network

Does Blizzard even have diffrent settings on their games?

I can't remember that they had that in warcraft 3, only minimum specs and recommended specs I may be wrong though.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

you don't get what I mean with big

''Hadouken!''

with big I mean this, for a Starcraft fan, number II coming is much more huge than it was for a GTA fan when IV was announced and came or for a Metal Gear fan that 4 is coming.. you actually know how long it's been since the release of Starcraft?.. same counts for SF; we are waiting 10 years since III! add to that that Starcraft and Street Fighter II are considered by many as one of the best games of all time, and you understand why these coming sequels are so big.. but some might not understand it.. and consider games big that have lots of media attention and high sales.. well that's a different use of big than I do here..

''Hadouken!''

shio said:
IllegalPaladin said:
I didn't really believe it anyway, wasn't the minimum requirements like a Geforce 6 or 7? Way too much for a minimum.
It wasn't too much, the minimum on the fake specs was a integrated graphics card from Geforce 7 series. The only problem was that the ram was too high for Blizzard's standard.

While I don't know what integrated graphics cards offer these days, the reason a GF6 or higher is usually 'required' is the fact that earlier cards outright don't have Pixel Shader 3.0 support.

Around the Network
Duke Of Darkness said:
Does Blizzard even have diffrent settings on their games?

I can't remember that they had that in warcraft 3, only minimum specs and recommended specs I may be wrong though.
They do have settings in warcraft III.  Look in the 'video' section, I think...

Slimebeast said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Doesn't matter. If you don't have at least a Radeon 1000 series or equivalent Geforce card, the game probably won't run well.

So you don't think a GeForce 6800 or Radeon 800 will run Starcraft? I believe easily.

Yeah I guess those will work.  But it definitely won't be max settings.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

IllegalPaladin said:
I didn't really believe it anyway, wasn't the minimum requirements like a Geforce 6 or 7? Way too much for a minimum.

Is that high for min. i mean all the pc's i build to sell are all gefore 8 9  and sometimes 7. And i have sold many pc's just this year alone, with probs about 2 of them being geforce 7

Blizzard games have never been graphics heavy; it most likely won't take more than any of the new RTSs that are on the market.

Also there is no way in hell it is getting released this year... Its Blizzard you should know better. =p

Blizzard wants everything to be perfect... so not this year

MK7!! 3DS friend code: 0688 - 5579 - 0994

Also playing DotA2 beta!