By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero becoming Rock Band

WiiStation360 said:
Competition is always good. The first one to make a non-gimped Wii version will get my money.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=43876

Around the Network

I wont be having 2 drum kits in my house and Im guessing many other people feel the same way. Sorry GH, but I wont be buying you. And I hope you fail from copying Rock Band.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

too late, since i bought rock band 2 weeks ago

GooseGaws said:
Although, a Red Octane-manufactured drum set is most appealing. If it's Rock-Band compatible, I might consider replacing the Rock Band set with it...

I really doubt it will be compatible. The GH drum kit has two cymbals and one of them is orange... The color of the kick pedal in RB.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rockband DLC > GH DLC

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
rockband DLC > GH DLC

So far, this is true. However, we don't know what the DLC for GHIV will look like.

GH4 will sell sell, if just solely on the name recognition and compatibly with existing guitars for PS3/Wii users. People do not want two sets of guitars, just like they do not want two sets of drum kits.

GH3 sales = 10.65m
RB sales = 2.29m

There are at least 8 million GH3 owners who do not own Rock Band. A lot of them own a second guitar for multiplayer. That makes GH4 the cheaper option for upgrading to a "band" game. ( for Wii/PS owners)

rocketpig said:
I like the drum setup for the new GH, but Neversoft isn't getting a dime of my money. They're a bunch of cocky bastards. In the recent GI interview, they continually took shots at Harmonix and Rock Band.

For a company that is blatantly ripping off the competition after taking over said competition's leftover franchise, I think they should try to be a little more humble.

First of all, accorging to the gonintendo link, Neversoft is only doing the 360 and PS3 versions. Two other studios are working on the Wii and PS2 versions respectively, so you can get those versions safely.

Second, do we have any proof this was Neversoft's idea? Or was it Red Octane's idea? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I prefer Guitar Hero 3 to Rock Band, honestly, simply because Rock Band in the end, is just too easy all around. I feel there is a much greater level of depth to Guitar Hero when it comes to the guitar instrument.

The next logical step is to add new instruments. It's great that Activison isn't letting Rock Band fanboy drama claims of "copying" prevent them from evolving their franchise.

Not only that, but Guitar Hero IV is going to have "create a song" apparently. Lets see if Rock Band 2 rips that off, shall we?

The final straw for me, is the Activision song lists, DLC or not, are quite excellent out of the box, and have a much broader selection of artists and licensed songs available to them. Combine that with the fact that GHIV's music, despite having drums, ect, will probably be much more guitar-centric than Rock Band's well, you've sold me.

As a real life guitar player, I can tell you how most other real life guitar players feel in a band: "Turn me up. All other instruments can go to hell. If I'm not the center of attention, I quit." That translates pretty well to the Guitar Hero franchise. It's not exactly about "sharing the fun." It's a single player game that happens to be fun at parties. Rock Band is a party game that happens to be fun alone.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I hope GHIV isn't too easy like Rock Band is supposed to be.