a 10 this game is awesome

and biochock is really confirmed look at this:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189519

Around the Network

@ Starcraft, MGS4 will NOT EVER NEVER EVER NEVER be released on the 360

Why?

The 360 uses dvds which hold 6-7 gigabytes of info

The PS3 uses Bluray discs which hold 50 gigabytes of info

MGS4 wouldnt fit on one blu ray disc originally, meaning they took up all the available space!

What are konami gonna do, put MGS4 on 7 dvds for the 360!?

7!?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

if MGS does as well as I think (more than 1.2 mill in first week) then definitly it's not gonna come to 360,,but if it bombs in sale department ,,360 will get a spin (dum down version)of it.I think sony has a deal with konami ,,other wise they wouldn't produce MGS4 gun metal PS3 for a game that might turn multiplat .

colonelstubbs said:
@ Starcraft, MGS4 will NOT EVER NEVER EVER NEVER be released on the 360
I agree.  Xbox 360 stealth lovers will have to make do with "Metal Gear Solid 4, the same except we are adding Subsistence."

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Lol @ starcraft xD

|OT:|

Well, it was expected, i would take no less from MGS4 :P   

Around the Network

Starcraft, i will give you that its not 100% certain a spin off style version of MGS4 will come out on the 360, but it will be such a drastic drop down, would you really want the 36p embarassed by the difference in quality?

colonelstubbs said:
Starcraft, i will give you that its not 100% certain a spin off style version of MGS4 will come out on the 360, but it will be such a drastic drop down, would you really want the 36p embarassed by the difference in quality?

What do you mean embarassed?

ToastyJaguar said:
colonelstubbs said:

What do you mean embarassed?

A consumer walks into a store. They see the PS3 MGS4, full game.

They see the 360 MGS4, 15% of the game because the 360 cant handle it.

Embarassment for MS no?

MGS: 5.59m sales on an install base of 100m
MGS2: 5.56m sales on an install base of 120m
MGS3: 3.97m sales on an install base of 120m

I fail to see why the install base argument is still valid. MGS did not launch when the PS1's install base was 100m, MGS2 did not launch when the PS2's install base was 120m, and MGS3 probably had more than 2-3 times the install base of MGS2 but sold LESS. One half of the sales come from Launch numbers the other half comes from sales over time whether it's new console owners or old console owners. MGS4's success should only be compared to the attach rate of the previous MGS games during launch. The legs of the game are impossible to compare with previous games since no one knows how far the install base of the PS3 will go.

Half of what you say is partially my point--MGS3 has less sales with a larger install base. MGS games in gneral don't sell as well as more mainstream games of similar quality, despite it's huge sales. Which is why I said to compare it to all the other franchises I mentioned--it's attach rate is marketly smaller than all of them, even other PS based big franchises. And this wasn't a comment on how MGS4 will do, rahter a comment on the MGS franchise up to this point being in a more niche genre than the other blockbuster franchises.

Now, I dont think MGS4 will sell as well as people are predicting--somthing closer to 3 million than 5-6 million, but if it turns out have more of a shooter element than previous games as reviews are saying maybe it'll find a more widespread audience. And it's not like 3 million isn't great itself. But since I don't think the PS3 is going to sell as well as either PS or PS2 (not a slam, just looking at market trends and not seeing 100-120 million units there for the having--this shouldn't be an outlandish claim), I don't think it'll have the same legs as previos MGS games, and certainly based on current install base I don't think it'l have the same initial sales either. But hey, most big MGS fans I know are also thus big Sony guys, so maybe most of the games fanbase either already have a PS3 or were waiting for MGS4 to buy one, and MGS4 will have the highest attach rate the franchise has ever had.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Are scores from PSM (and similar biased sources like Xbox magazine) included in Gamerankings/Metacritic? 
Rock_on_2008 said:
MGS 4 will be lucky if it cracks 3 million sales LTD mark. Based on small PS3 install base, taking into account past attach rates of MGS on PS2. Having said that it is too hard to predict the sales of MGS 4.

What, only 3 mill for MGS4?

Gears of War was released in Nov 2006 when the X360 was 12 months old and had a total installed base worldwide of only 5.2 million consoles.

I'm sure you know what GoW has sold in the 1.5 years since that - 5.2 million copies (without bundles)!

The PS3 will have an installed base of 13 million consoles in June. Yes, attach rate will be a lot lower, but I predict MGS4 lifetime sales 4 mill minimum, but probably close to 5 million.