By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What are the odds that we'll hear what Bungie is up to at E3?

I'm dying to know what those guys are up to right now. They must have really wanted to start a new project the way they split with MS right after Halo 3.

Any speculation? Marathon (possible)? Myth (no way)? Something entirely different, like Oni? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

It has been confirmed to have music in an insomniac podcast, but that is all we know. I would guess that they will move away from a sci-fi shooter to some extend, but in the end, I would still expect an FPS from them, and M$ will be showcasing some of their titles for next year there, so it should be shown, if only a teaser

I hope it's Marathon.

Maybe the Halo prequel we keep hearing about?

I'd love me some Halo based on the books! Especially if you got to go through the Chief's training. I would hope that it wasn't their 'big' announcement, though, as it would further the 360's image as the 'Halo' box.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Well, the end of Halo 3 pretty much sets up MC to enter the Marathon timeframe, so that remake/reenvisioning may not be a bad guess.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network

They're gonna remake E.T.! jk. I hope they'll start something completly from the ground up.

David

I hope its different from anything else out there
Kind of how halo was

I'm impressed that people here can even name Marathon. Weren't they all released only on the Mac in the mid/late '90s?

I loved the atmosphere in Marathon! But there's near zero chance that Bungie is working on such an unknown franchise. Same with Myth. I never got into the Myth games because the difficulty level was insane.

Normally there would be a decent chance to know what Bungie are up to, but nowadays there really aren't many interesting new games revealed at E3.

There's no way that they're going to go back to Marathon after being trapped in FPS purgatory for a decade. They want to stretch out and try something that's actually different, if not something truly new. They'll probably get back to FPS after they've put out a couple non-FPS titles.

I'd love for them to return to Oni, simply because I felt that it was a good concept with gameplay that worked quite well, but didn't quite realize itself in terms of level design or story. I'd like to see what Bungie might do with it now that they have all the resources of a giant developing house.

Edit @ Slimebeast

Marathon 2 was released on PC and has since been re-released on XBLA.

Of course, other people might be familiar with it from Aleph One, an open source port of all Marathon scenarios, plus tons of mods, running on the modern PC platform of your choice.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I would also enjoy Oni 2, as the first had some fun combat ideas and a good story, mixed up in a sheen of anime goodness. I never ended up beating it (for some reason even if I love a game I'll usually just get distracted by something else), so I don't know if it leaves it open or not, but it sure would be cool.

Just let me skip custcenes this time, k

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."