By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CRYSIS Who?? -- NEW Killzone 2 Screens!! WOW!

*comes back*

*sighs*

What a sad state of affairs.

Around the Network

This game is giving me no interest!! HALO3 and COD4 for me!!!

Fernando said:
I think that's the most gray I have ever seen.

Agreed. I think I remember KIllzone 1 getting bad scores because of it (X-Play in particular)

L.C.E.C. said:
Fernando said:
I think that's the most gray I have ever seen.

Agreed. I think I remember KIllzone 1 getting bad scores because of it (X-Play in particular)

It's more than just brown and gray that caused Killzone's scores. I don't mind brown and gray (to a certain extent of course), but Killzone's scores are a combination of things from graphical glitches, meh AI, much reused (and kind of low quality) dialog, and especially despite this being a HUGE offensive from the Hellghast it hardly feels like any real war is happening outside of the waves of enemies you face.

--

On topic -

While the pictures do look good, I wouldn't doubt that they're touched up a bit.  

Esmoreit said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Esmoreit

or it could be a "Resistance" ---- 3 million...

or how about "Uncharted"

"MGS4"

I see all of the above three succeeding. Resistance got out the gate first and has a name for itself. Uncharted was, in my eyes, the first true AAA title on the PS3. MGS4 I doubt I'll even have to talk about.

Killzone 2, in my eyes, has the Haze Factor. And before that, the Lair factor. It looks great, but in the end will probably be just you standart fare. I don't see anything that makes it stand out as a shooter, apart from it's graphics. And we all know how well that worked for Crysis. 

And yes I do recognize sarcasm, but I had hoped I wouldn't have to explain my comment.

Haze never looked great.  In fact, it always lloked like crap.  People hyped it because it was developed by Free Radical.  The situation with Haze is the complete opposite of that with Killzone 2.  Haze was hyped because of the developer, KZ2 is being hyped based on what's been seen and played of the actual game.

Around the Network

Nice. I like 1,3,6&7

The graphics look very good. I take exception with the title of the thread though. Crysis definitely is the better looking game. NO gaming console can produce graphics like that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
The graphics look very good. I take exception with the title of the thread though. Crysis definitely is the better looking game. NO gaming console can produce graphics like that.

Seriously, I don't know why people keep saying 'look out Crysis'. Crysis's engine could do some crazy things and Killzone may be able to be similar in certain areas (maybe like how the characters look for example), but overall Crysis is going to be the superior looking game for the time being, especially when the correct hardware to run the game at it's VERY best settings is used. 

the problem is Crysis running on top of the line hardware still hasnt reached 60 fps with all the bells and whistles maxed thats running 9800 gx2 top of the line intel processor! the Unreal tournament 3 game ran on medium setting on the PS3 the PS3 couldnt run it on high.

And a high end ps can run unreal tournament 3 with all setting on max at 100 fps no problem crysis coud run on a 360 or PS3 period Yes KZ2 and MGS4 look great but technically you guys ar comparing apples and oranges!

Your saying the graphics of a 7800 gtx beats the graphics of a 9800 gtx ?????
each card has its own set of features and the 9800 is way beyond what the 7800 can do! So I would say for a console game KZ2 looks great but we dont have the finnished product yet.

shio said:
Killzone 2 isn't can't even beat Crysis on High settings, let alone on Very High.

time for a grammar lesson???