By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii becomes Nintendo's top selling console in Others

I just wrote an article/editorial on what Nintendo has done/needs to do to keep going after this milestone.

Click on news until it shows up on the front page and don't forget to digg it if you like it... 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

nintendo always under-performed in europe and others its good to see them breaking that trend

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Wii is at 8.69 million in Others compared to NES/SNES which never topped 8.56/8.58 million respectively for the record.

- Lao Tzu

I dugg it. Very nice article, TheSource.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Sweet, really shows how Ninty new casual strategy is paying off even in territories where it had immense troubles. (Master System/Mega Drive, anyone?)

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network

I noticed in it you assumed that the Master system was outsold by the NES, I am not so sure myself I remember something along the lines of 13 million Master systems sold worldwide, but 9 million of those were in Europe.... so Nintendo has never "won" a generation here.

(I could be wrong and I have no source, but this is what I remember)

I can't find master system numbers regionally, but most articles I found a moment ago suggest Master System outsold NES in Europe by releasing it in more countries.

- Lao Tzu

Mna that was fast :o

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

TheSource said:
I can't find master system numbers regionally, but most articles I found a moment ago suggest Master System outsold NES in Europe by releasing it in more countries.

That is probable, I didn't know the details myself I was just correcting the bit in your article about NES generation selling <15 million in Europe, when NES and MS alone sold 17.5 million. I am not sure about other 1st gen cosoles though or if they were even released in Europe at all... but if so they could add something too.

Very excellent article though The Source, I had actually missed that fact myself as I was caught up in Nintendogs becoming the best selling game here.

Great article, Jacob.

Now let´s see what the Wii is gonna sell like in Europe during the next years. Even more important, though, is that the PS3 is selling great as well. Europe is really growing (in the portable sector, too).