By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greenpace attacks consoles!

PS360ForTheWin, haven't you heard? Now a lot of those scientists are claiming we are about to enter a cold era based on new data.

Having a scientific background, I can tell you that results from research tend to get skewed towards the ideologies of the financiers. A lot of global warming research funding came from leftist groups predisposed to global warming as fact. With that work environment, any data can be skewed as we gamers know all too well.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
PS360ForTheWin said:
why do so many of you think global warming is a myth? its clearly not, or do you just not like science? IMO Global Warming is definetley REAL, so we should invest in alternate energy sources, taxation dosent help, as it just alienates people, alternate energy is the key to saving the planet.

Saying that people who deny global warming hate science is as specious as saying people who believe the Earth goes around the sun hate God. It's ignorant statements and personal attacks such as that that make the global warming people seem like they are brainwashed, and I like alternative energy but not for all the reasons based in the environmental hoax, it is due to the political necessities that are rearing their ugly head at the current moment.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

luinil said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
luinil said:
The thing that gets me the most about global warming is the ENTIRE attitude that we can change anything in this world. We are a speck compared to the grand scheme of nature. The world has ways of dealing with problems like heat and cold. The entire system was setup so that we cannot stop it from happening. The arrogance of people to think that changing a lightbulb will mean one iota of difference to the "health" of the planet! The absolute pompous egos they must have. I cannot change when summer gets here, nor how hot it will be. No one can. Everything they see as a "problem" is either a coincidence of timing, or a non-problem.

Who is to say what the ideal temperature is? O, that is right, the scientists... those same people who thought that global cooling was happening in the 70s. Did you know that there were civilizations (likely colonies) of Vikings on Greenland? They grew crops there. Now, how warm would it have to be to grow crops on Greenland? A LOT WARMER THAN IT IS TODAY! They didn't even have combustion back then... and to think we are causing global warming...

Did you know that the Sun has cycles? It releases more heat at times through sunspots and solar flares. Other times it is relatively quiet in those regards. Now who is to say that the sun is not responsible for this rise of temperatures? Lets see... about 30 years ago the scare was Global Cooling... The sun has a cycle of roughly 22 years. You do the math.

Arrogance and political invasiveness really get to me, and this hoax is the Grandfather of them all.

so every scientist who has ever said global warming is a fact is wrong, thats alot of scientists you know, i agree that in the past scientists were wrong about a global cooling, but science evolves just as people do, and i think that the scientists of today are alot better than thoose around 20-30 years ago.

So you think that the same people and community that was wrong then CANNOT POSSIBLY be wrong today? PHUEY!! Open your eyes and question what you think you know. You will learn many things this way.

I just dont think there wrong this time, the evidence is overwhleming, the chances of them being wrong are very small, also given that fuel shortage is a FACT, do you not agree with me that alternate fuel sources are needed.

PS360ForTheWin said:
why do so many of you think global warming is a myth? its clearly not, or do you just not like science? IMO Global Warming is definetley REAL, so we should invest in alternate energy sources, taxation dosent help, as it just alienates people, alternate energy is the key to saving the planet.

There was global warming in the later part of the 20th century, that is a fact. But that in no way implies that mankind was the cause of it, if it were mankind's fault it would be called anthropogenic global warming. Since the start of the 21st century and indeed a few years before it there was actually global cooling as has been supported by every respected institute that takes global temperature measurements on a regular basis, for instance NASA. Apparently we are supposed to believe natural temperature variance can cause cooling...but no not warming..thats global warming doing that.

As to whether or not I like science? Considering both of my major's rely on it heavily (Computer Science and Computer Engineering), as well as my ongoing quest to read every book I can to understand the deepest and most intricate theories/formulas of cosmology, as well as an unhealthy tendency to read for 10 to 12 hours at a time about the subject of Climate Change. Well, I would say not only do I like science but I love it! And I, like many others, feel it is being bastardized for a political cause, instead of being used to find truth. The perfect example of this is that despite my devotion to science you will never find me asking someone to believe as I do simply because I say so...you can't say the same for GW Alarmists.

Go ahead and take a quick look at the graph I posted earlier and ask yourself...why are there periods before industrialization that have faster increases in temperature than there are now? And then realize that even the graph I posted was but an insignificant period in the earths climate history, literally less than 1% of 1% of the earth's history actually.

edit: If you were curious that graph I posted is approximately 0.0001846% of the earth's history.  So in total its a little less than 2% of 1% of 1%.

To Each Man, Responsibility
PS360ForTheWin said:
luinil said:

So you think that the same people and community that was wrong then CANNOT POSSIBLY be wrong today? PHUEY!! Open your eyes and question what you think you know. You will learn many things this way.

I just dont think there wrong this time, the evidence is overwhleming, the chances of them being wrong are very small, also given that fuel shortage is a FACT, do you not agree with me that alternate fuel sources are needed.

First, you asked if I thought every scientist who agrees with GW is wrong.  My response would be to ask if you think the 32,000 scientists HappySquirrel's article talked about are wrong?  Keep in mind over 9,000 of them have PhDs.

As for overwhelming evidence, please share with us some of the evidence since I quite frankly haven't seen anything convincing. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

idk, and idc.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

PS360ForTheWin said:

I agree that we should find an alternate fuel source, but I think that global warming is ridiculous. Throughout the history of the planet, there have been periods of intense heat, and frigid temperatures. The idea that we are causing the climate to change is just absurd.

PS360ForTheWin said:
luinil said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
luinil said:
The thing that gets me the most about global warming is the ENTIRE attitude that we can change anything in this world. We are a speck compared to the grand scheme of nature. The world has ways of dealing with problems like heat and cold. The entire system was setup so that we cannot stop it from happening. The arrogance of people to think that changing a lightbulb will mean one iota of difference to the "health" of the planet! The absolute pompous egos they must have. I cannot change when summer gets here, nor how hot it will be. No one can. Everything they see as a "problem" is either a coincidence of timing, or a non-problem.

Who is to say what the ideal temperature is? O, that is right, the scientists... those same people who thought that global cooling was happening in the 70s. Did you know that there were civilizations (likely colonies) of Vikings on Greenland? They grew crops there. Now, how warm would it have to be to grow crops on Greenland? A LOT WARMER THAN IT IS TODAY! They didn't even have combustion back then... and to think we are causing global warming...

Did you know that the Sun has cycles? It releases more heat at times through sunspots and solar flares. Other times it is relatively quiet in those regards. Now who is to say that the sun is not responsible for this rise of temperatures? Lets see... about 30 years ago the scare was Global Cooling... The sun has a cycle of roughly 22 years. You do the math.

Arrogance and political invasiveness really get to me, and this hoax is the Grandfather of them all.

so every scientist who has ever said global warming is a fact is wrong, thats alot of scientists you know, i agree that in the past scientists were wrong about a global cooling, but science evolves just as people do, and i think that the scientists of today are alot better than thoose around 20-30 years ago.

No actually. I don't agree with you that alternative fuel sources are needed. They will be nice for taking the pressure off of oil, eventually. Right now there is still PLENTY of oil in the ground. It would take the world well over 30 years to use it up even at the current expanding rate oil is being used. Did you know that there was recently a BIG find of oil in the Dakotas? And did you know that the US has abundant supplies of Shale, from which oil can be extracted? Did you also know that the same environmental extremists that cry out loudest about Global Warming also cry out loudest again drilling for oil in America? What about ANWR? What about drilling off the coasts of Florida and California? Australia drills off its coasts extensively, but their beaches are still great. There is plenty of oil out there to be found and recovered, but simply put the environmentalists won't stand for it.

EDIT: I do think that alternative fuels will replace oil, eventually. But it will be YEARS down the line. They simply are not ready for large scale usage. They are too expensive and too hard to produce eficiently. Research them all you want, but Oil is and will be the fuel that runs the world for the forseeable future. 

lol, It's all Al Gores fault! He can change the weather!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Sqrl said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
luinil said:

First, you asked if I thought every scientist who agrees with GW is wrong. My response would be to ask if you think the 32,000 scientists HappySquirrel's article talked about are wrong? Keep in mind over 9,000 of them have PhDs.

As for overwhelming evidence, please share with us some of the evidence since I quite frankly haven't seen anything convincing.

Please note, overwhelming refers to the vast number of reports on the internet and television that show it abd the fact that most politicians and scientists know aknowledge the problem. if u want to know more, go to wikipedia or google and search for global warming, i dont have time to give you all the millions of links.

Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming