By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greenpace attacks consoles!

Of all the criticism leveled at our industry, this is the one with the least coverage, apparantley greenpeace are unhappy with the eviromentely friendliness of the 3 consoles, what do people think, is this a fair criticism or just more media bs.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7407934.stm

Personally, i think this greenpeace trying to make headlines, as all 3 consoles fall within the law. 

Around the Network

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_(environmentalist)

"Moore was born in 1947 in Winter Harbour, B.C., Canada."

"In 1971, he was a very early member of Greenpeace. He participated in the founding meetings, helping to plan the first Greenpeace campaign against US nuclear testing in Alaska. He was a member of the crew of Phyllis Cormack, a chartered fishing boat that set out on the first Greenpeace voyage in September 1971. He served for nine years as President of Greenpeace Canada, as well as seven years as a Director of Greenpeace International, during a time in which Greenpeace became the world's largest environmental activist organization."

"In 1977, Moore was elected president of the Greenpeace Foundation, the original group in Vancouver, Canada. He replaced Bob Hunter who had been president since 1974. During the first campaign to save whales in 1975, Greenpeace confronted the Soviet whaling fleet off the coast of California. Moore and Hunter were both crew members on that voyage aboard the Phyllis Cormack, the same fishing boat that was chartered for the first campaign in 1971. During the confrontation, film footage was obtained of the Soviet whaling boat firing a harpoon over the heads of Greenpeace members in a Zodiac inflatable and into the back of a female sperm whale."

"..."

"Moore criticizes what he sees as scare tactics and disinformation employed by some within the environmental movement:"

"Moore commented on The Great Global Warming Swindle: "See, I don't even like to call it the environmental movement any more, because really it is a political activist movement, and they have become hugely influential at a global level.""

I read that yesterday. They forgot to mention its only really hazardous if you eat it - Wii or if it catches fire - Xbox360 but when you dump it for having no games - PS3 its no more hazardous that all the other toxic chemicals that end up at the dump anyway.

All jokes if you're too dumb to realize without me explicitly saying so.

Tease.

im sure my farts have far worse hazardous chemicals then the ps3

i dont know about you guys, but i could care less about what Greenpeace found in the PS3, not like it will turn us into manbearpig

Consoles should be going greener if other electrical appliances such as laptops are able to do it.

Heck, the world is dying, and here we are playing games, they got to do something.

Video games aren't everything!

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
Consoles should be going greener if other electrical appliances such as laptops are able to do it.

Heck, the world is dying, and here we are playing games, they got to do something.

Video games aren't everything!

The xbox360 can't go green until the new jasper chip! Otherwise the wiring would melt.

Tease.

personally, i think that rather than increasing taxes and attacking technology, we should invest in alternate power supplys, unfourtunatley in my country, the government is only interested in screwing people for every penny there worth.

The greenpeace "scores" are the most misleading numbers since that BS study which showed how Wii sales would actually go negative.  The Wii uses about 1/10th as much power as a PS3 or 360--or put another way, 10 Wii's use as much power as one 360 or PS3.  So tell me again how the Wii scores a 0...

The plastics issue is nothing compared to the amount of wattage the PS3 and 360 drain the grid of. 

Assuming the Wii goes on to sell 150 million consoles total LTD the total install base would use less power than if both MS and Sony STOPPED MAKING THEIR CONSOLES NOW and only the currently manufactured consoles were used!!

I still agree with HappySqurriel about this. Global Warming is a grand HOAX. Joseph Gerbils said that if you tell a big lie long enough it becomes the truth. We know that lies cannot become truth, but that the perception will change, so that the lie is now thought to be truth. Greenpace is a anti-capitalist organization who are mad that Nintendo is making this much money.

Absurd we know....Check their video about it:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ukoMEB_Wzbk