By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hardware Review: Nyko Perfect Shot

I read up on this Wii accessory since around December, and just recently found them being sold regularly on places like newegg.com. I ordered two of these guns in hopes that they wouldn't suck. I was quite happy to find out that they are a sound investment.

The Nyko Perfect Shot retails for approximately $14.99 in the US and is designed to have the feel and look (minus for the color) of a Glock 9mm handgun. The weight with the Wii remote added in gives a great balance to the gun, making it a great solution for all your Wii Zapper games. The remote effortlessly slips into the top of the Perfect Shot, and is held in place by a plastic orange clip over the front. The Nunchuck can be connected to the bottom of the gun easily as well. For Wii Zapper compatible games, the Z button doubles as the A button, so you will not need to access the top buttons on the Wii remote at all. For the trendy, the white parts of the gun match perfectly with the Wii remote, making it seem like a seamless integration with the rest of your Wii gear.

The trigger serves to press the B button on the Wii remote, and does the job perfectly. Minus for finger cramping from trying to take down Tyrant with a handgun in Umbrella Chronicles, my own fault for using up my ammo earlier on, the Nyko Perfect Shot is comfortable to use. The accuracy is amazing, making headshots MUCH easier and overall improving my level scores from C to A.

In fact, the only flaw I found with this device is that I have not found a way to get the Wii remote into it without removing the wrist strap from the device. It is a minor annoyance at best. Everything else about this game gun truly makes the Nyko Perfect Shot "perfect". I can't wait to try it out with Medal of Honor Heroes 2 in some online multiplayer tonight!

Around the Network

Do you know if you can get this in the UK? The trigger looks great, is it spring loaded?

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Just curious, can the wireless nunchuck be used with that? If so I so want to play RE4 with that.

Venji - Yup, it is spring loaded. As for availability in the UK, I'm not sure, but I think it should work with any Wii, regardless of region. Here is the official page for it complete with a store locator.

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=124 

Twesterm - There shouldn't be any issue with using the wireless nunchuck, as it independently reports back to the Wii. As for RE4, since RE4 wasn't designed for the Wii Zapper, you'll need to press the A button on top of the actual Wii Remote, which would be on top of the gun. That is, unless you can remap the buttons in RE 4. I hadn't tried that one out yet. I'll give that a shot tonight as well, no pun intended. =) 

I just got one of these this weekend. It's freaking awesome. I've been playing RE: UC and House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return.

This gun is well worth the $15 dollars. It makes the Wii Zapper look very flawed, which, the Zapper is.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network
bardicverse said:

Venji - Yup, it is spring loaded. As for availability in the UK, I'm not sure, but I think it should work with any Wii, regardless of region. Here is the official page for it complete with a store locator.

Twesterm - There shouldn't be any issue with using the wireless nunchuck, as it independently reports back to the Wii. As for RE4, since RE4 wasn't designed for the Wii Zapper, you'll need to press the A button on top of the actual Wii Remote, which would be on top of the gun. That is, unless you can remap the buttons in RE 4. I hadn't tried that one out yet. I'll give that a shot tonight as well, no pun intended. =)

I wasn't sure because the wireless nunchuck has that long piece sticking out the back of the remote.  And I haven't played RE4 in a while so didn't remember the control mapping or if you can even remap it.  Oh well.

You can use the nunchuck, it plugs into the bottom of the gun.

I bought 2 of these in the first limited run in December (for $12.00 each from Amazon) and think it's the best Wii accessory (I don't have the balance board yet, not until tomorrow).

Simply stated, buy this.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
twesterm said:
bardicverse said:

I wasn't sure because the wireless nunchuck has that long piece sticking out the back of the remote. And I haven't played RE4 in a while so didn't remember the control mapping or if you can even remap it. Oh well.

Oh. I wasn't aware of that. If there's anything coming out of the back of the Wii Remote then it won't work. 

I concur: this is, far and away, the best 3rd party peripheral I have ever purchased (though that isn't saying a whole lot considering the typical quality of such products).

it'll work there is a passthru plug on the bottom of the handle, it should fit fine.

as for RE4...you CAN switch the a and b buttons.

wiimote only A better for shooting

with the shell, it kicks ass

as for the cramping ,,,pull lighter on trigger. i got one months ago and it rocks