By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hardware Review: Nyko Perfect Shot

guys, the original question was if it works with a WIRELESS nunchuck. I almost misread the question myself. We already know it works with a wired one =)

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
guys, the original question was if it works with a WIRELESS nunchuck. I almost misread the question myself. We already know it works with a wired one =)

It should cause the wireless nunchuck is also made by Nyko.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Are there any good games where you actually line up your shots? In RE, it was relative, meaning if I were to look down the length of the Wii-mote, It was not pointing where the remote was pointing.

I want a line of site kind of game, where I calibrate the remote to the screen, and actually point and shoot.

Any good games that do this? (thus making this thing more desirable)

XGamer0611 said:
bardicverse said:

The wireless one is designed to fit around the back of the controller, and look seamless. So the plastic is molded to fit the shape if the Wii mote. It all depends on the shape of the plastic at the bottom of the gun.

RealMafoo - so you mean sort of like a Sniper game, like the one in the arcade? I haven't seen anything like that for the Wii yet.

Around the Network
XGamer0611 said:
I just got one of these this weekend. It's freaking awesome. I've been playing RE: UC and House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return.

This gun is well worth the $15 dollars. It makes the Wii Zapper look very flawed, which, the Zapper is.

This is just what I've been waiting to hear!

The Wii Zapper isn't exactly bad, but it's a two-handed machine pistol type device, while most people were expecting a one-handed pistol like this. I've been hesitant to touch anything from Nyko after their memory card blanked on me, but might give this a try if I can find it for cheap enough.

TheRealMafoo said:
Are there any good games where you actually line up your shots? In RE, it was relative, meaning if I were to look down the length of the Wii-mote, It was not pointing where the remote was pointing.

I want a line of site kind of game, where I calibrate the remote to the screen, and actually point and shoot.

Any good games that do this? (thus making this thing more desirable)

Thanks for the Quick reply Bardicverse!

From what I've been reading House of the Dead 2 & 3 allow you to calibrate the gun sight when you begin the game, removing the aiming cursor so you can use the gun like a light gun, looking down the sight. XGamer do you know if this is true?

Amazon.co.uk is out of stock....do you think £13 is too much for it?

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

bardicverse said:
RealMafoo - so you mean sort of like a Sniper game, like the one in the arcade? I haven't seen anything like that for the Wii yet.

Yea, like duck hunt, or Area 51 in the arcade.

Until I can use it like a gun, I have little use for my controller looking like a gun. I don't want to focus on a cursor on the screen, I want to look down the sight of my gun, and shoot something.

Thanks for the review though. If one day a game like that comes out, I will get this for it :) 

Venji said:

From what I've been reading House of the Dead 2 & 3 allow you to calibrate the gun sight when you begin the game, removing the aiming cursor so you can use the gun like a light gun.

Cool, I will have to check that out :)

XGamer0611 said:
bardicverse said:

Just in case, this is what the wireless nunchuck attachment looks like

As you can see, there's a large piece that sticks off the back of the remote that makes me worry it might not fit in the perfect shot.