By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Life As a King question.

So, i was browsing WiiWare to check out what games we got and their description. Since i haven't been really interested in FF:s, i haven't paid attention to the WiiWare title either. But now when i took a (general) view at the manual, i became interested. I got the impression that the game shares similar idea with Actraiser, with the difference that the action sequences are now adventure. So, is the game anything like Actraiser? And what the pay to play content is?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

The pay to play content is from $1-$3 (although there is one bundle of 3 for more).  If has items such as more dungeons so your characters can level up higher, increase building caps, different costumes for a couple of the characters, different buildings for stronger units, etc.

Is this the game Actraiser? (not familiar with it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLUlbnc11_w
Anyways, this is nothing like that.

I would put it closer to MySims.

It's a spiritual successor to Actraisers simulation sequences.

To sum up, it's a sim RPG. You've played an RPG that had a king and kingdom, right? Well, this is that RPG except you're playing it through th eyes if that king.

If you're hoping for actual action, it will disappoint you. As king, you send out adventurers to quest for you. Single warriors at first but thieves, and mages later on.

It's actually highly addictive.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

jlauro said:
The pay to play content is from $1-$3 (although there is one bundle of 3 for more).  If has items such as more dungeons so your characters can level up higher, increase building caps, different costumes for a couple of the characters, different buildings for stronger units, etc.

Is this the game Actraiser? (not familiar with it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLUlbnc11_w
Anyways, this is nothing like that.

I would put it closer to MySims.

I didn't watch the video, since i'm on my mobile at the moment, but i doubt the video could tell the whole story about the game. Basically what Actraiser is, that you are a god that just woke up after taking a beating from you enemies hundreds of years ago and your kindom is barren wasteland ruled by monsters. So, you need to go to a village one at a time to kill the monsters (sidescrolling action sequence) and after beating them, the sim sequence starts, where you build up the village, solve the new habitants problems, beat random monsters (with your angel sidekick) so that the village can prosper. After that you move to next village and so on. @Viper: So, the "quests" work in similar fashion that they do in TBS games? Like resource management, as in you set the job and someone/troops do it for you?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Sort of. Each day you issue behests (quests) to either venture into a dungeon, go beat a boss, change jobs, help citizens, etc... You then allocate which adventurers go forth on those behests and off they go. Each night they return either successful and with Elemntite (magik resource) or they get their butts kicked and come home moping about.

While they are off slaying goblins and demons you're constructing the town, raising morale by talking to people and giving funding to weapon and armor shops to make better items.

Money comes via tithes (a fancy name for taxes) paid each evening. You can boost the money by raising morale (running up to people with green icons and hitting A as fast as possible before scurrying off to the next green iconed resident).

Each morning you get to review the previous days events and adventures.  You can even scroll through battle logs of each adventurer so you can see what enemies are play-do and which ones are mercilessly laying waste to your poor warriors.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Viper1 summed up the game pretty neatly. I would add that the game isn't that much like Actraiser, in that not only are there no action elements to it, but the focus is on your adventurers rather than on your city: all that you build is primarily oriented at making your adventurers better. If I could use an analogy, it's less like your a boxer, and more like you're the boxer's manager.

Like you, I haven't really liked Square's new direction, with a few exceptions here and there. That said, I've already plunked down nine hours into this game, and I haven't finished yet. I wouldn't say it's a AAA game, but if you're into this sort of game, it's not a bad way to spend $15.

@OP it's got a similar feel to it as act raiser - but no god dude spiriting down to earth to save his people from unknown evil #3 in deep dark and unique to all the other abbyss's #5.

Instead your people can be assigned to do this - you don't see any of the combat, for the big fights you get the life bar of the major target and it heals over time, you can also keep track of battles and by using shirnes (end game) give buffs and healings to your guys while they fight.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Viper1 has it pretty much spot-on: it's like a much-expanded version of the sim elements in Actraiser. There is, however, one game it very, very closely mirrors (though it's unlikely you have played it): Majesty on PC.

I've also seen it likened to Viva Pinata but only in the sense that the meta-game is similar.

Ok. Thanks, it looks like i'm getting this game. After all, it's only 1500 points, although, i need to get some more points, since i only have 1200.
My problem with the Actraiser sim sequences were the lack of interaction with the residents and lack of options on what you can do.
So the "action" is interacting with the residents?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

The pay to play isnt need for the game it is just little extras. The game is a simulator and micro manager.

"Like you know"