By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HAZE review (IGN).....4.5

-icantraed- said:
Lol wow the usual Sony fans have avoided this thread like a plague.

Tuff for FR they actually had credibility

as for PSM LOL -2000 credibility points

with 7 posts you either don't know much or this is a troll account

Around the Network
Kratos said:
BMaker11 said:
Let me take a second to break down his closing remarks:

4.5 for presentation because of a weak story. So the story of how a corporation basically mind controls soldiers to do their work, but one finally sees the "bad" that's going on, and switches sides to fight for a better cause, deserves a 4.5? Comparatively speaking, they gave Lair an 8.0 on presentation. Can I get a "wtf" right now?

4.0 for graphics. Seriously......a 4? I know these aren't Uncharted or Gears level graphics, but for real, a 4? Comparatively, Resistance (launch game) got an 8.0, ad even better GTAIV got a 10

5.0 for sound because "For one thing, the Mantel soldiers are presented as your stereotypical jarhead grunts that have no morality or sense of responsibility, killing people because they have always had a genuine bloodlust for death and destruction." kind of dialogue . Yet it's their addiction to the nectar (which consequently makes them do whatever Mantel wants them to) that makes them say and do those things. Comparatively, Army of Two got an 8.5 in this category, even though it had the cheesiest dialogue ever.

4.5 for gameplay. Because of weak AI, "gimmicks" (only nectar, so wtf) and a weak story. If that's the case, then Halo's gameplay should be a 4.5 too, cause the AI on both your side and the enemy side is RETARDED. Your own teammates can't drive a warthog to save their lives lol. The story for the Halo universe is "meh" at best (stop the Covenant from blowing up the Halo rings...3 times). Why didn't he talk about the mechanics in these comments? The game actually plays solid, but his complaint was that nectar makes it too easy.....well you switch sides rather early, so what's the complaint for? You don't use nectar for the entire game. Comparatively, Turok got a 7.0 for gameplay....seriously, what was that reviewer on?

Last, 4.5 for lasting appeal. He says the story won't draw you in for another run through? Well, isn't the "lasting appeal" for most FPSs, the multiplayer? Didn't he praise the multiplayer? So seriously, what's the deal? His score contradicts not only what he said, but the definition for the lasting appeal for shooters. Comparatively, once again, Turok got a 7.0 for lasting appeal, and that game was utter ass

Going through those comparisons, and having played the game myself, it only keeps adding to my belief that people want this game to fail.

Good analysis.

I second that, 4 for graphics is just a joke

PooperScooper said:
-icantraed- said:
Lol wow the usual Sony fans have avoided this thread like a plague.

Tuff for FR they actually had credibility

as for PSM LOL -2000 credibility points

with 7 posts you either don't know much or this is a troll account

or both. He definitely doesn't know much because Sony fans are here...responding...

eab said:

Wow, I actually am starting to feel sorry for Sony fans. Nintendo finally beating them in sales is one thing but their bad luck is starting to get ridiculous. If MGS4 and FF13 do bad it's going to be awkward.

Nah. Not bad luck. They've painted themselves into this corner. They thought that everyone was going to buy their system just because it had the Sony name on it. They need to start putting out good exclusive games. Most of the good games they have can also be played on the XBox 360. So the next Sony heavy hitter got hit. Besides for the two games that you mentioned there really isn't much to be optimistic about if you're a Sony fan.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Well... Seriously didn't see this coming, lol.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network
BPamp316 said:
eab said:

Wow, I actually am starting to feel sorry for Sony fans. Nintendo finally beating them in sales is one thing but their bad luck is starting to get ridiculous. If MGS4 and FF13 do bad it's going to be awkward.

Nah. Not bad luck. They've painted themselves into this corner. They thought that everyone was going to buy their system just because it had the Sony name on it. They need to start putting out good exclusive games. Most of the good games they have can also be played on the XBox 360. So the next Sony heavy hitter got hit. Besides for the two games that you mentioned there really isn't much to be optimistic about if you're a Sony fan.

R2, KZ2, LBP, MS2, GoW 3, GT 5 is that enough or do you want me to continue

I tried to bet this would sell 50 billion on the predictions league, but instead it put 2 million. ....The fuck? >_>

Munkeh111 said:
BPamp316 said:
eab said:

R2, KZ2, LBP, MS2, GoW 3, GT 5 is that enough or do you want me to continue

What is BPamp supposed to stand for? Just asking? Oh, and Killzone stunk. The second won't be any better.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

What is BPamp supposed to stand for? Just asking? Oh, and Killzone stunk. The second won't be any better.

You had a hands-on experience with the game?

I just read the GS review, and in many places it disagrees with ign. They had not as much of a problem with graphics, and they said the gunplay was good, of course they still hated the AI, though they all do say that this game is better with a friend