Forums - Gaming Discussion - HAZE review (IGN).....4.5

Woah, this thread's still goin'?

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
windbane said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
windbane said:
Average should be 5.

Try getting through school with 50% on all your tests and assignments.  See if they mark you as average.

Last I checked, videogames aren't homework. School is the only place grading scales are used. This is why EGM changed to grades, though. They actually used the full scale. There is no need for 0-4 if you only use 5-10. Halfway through whatever point system you use should be average. That's just logic.

I agree with you. 5 should be average, but in todays reviews a game that gets a 7 sucks and anything under that is just horrific. When in reality 7-7.5 should be a fairly good game with anything above that being a damn good game. Anything below should be an ok game.

Also I'm gonna have to agree with BMaker on this one. Even though he sounds like a ranting lunatic right now he does bring up some good points on the review.

The review system is broke. We determined that for GTA4...

Yeah, I know it's not going to change any time soon. I don't know why I complain.

Griffin said:

This respose "4.0 Graphics
Tons of visual issues abound within the game, from texture tears and non-descript environments to pop-in and odd animation problems."  to the graphics was very odd aswell, since it sounds like they are reviewing GTA4.  The game also did not have that bad of graphics, it was better in many areas then CoD4.  It's no where near Halo3 for lighting and textures, but it had better character models.

LOL.  Wow...

Is there a single review out there that says Hazelo "has better graphics in many areas than Call of Duty 4"?

If you had any credibility left to lose, you just lost it.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Lol wow the usual Sony fans have avoided this thread like a plague.

Tuff for FR they actually had credibility

as for PSM LOL -2000 credibility points

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Woah, this thread's still goin'?

Indeed. I just hope BMaker doesn't have a coronary.

Around the Network
-icantraed- said:
Lol wow the usual Sony fans have avoided this thread like a plague.

Tuff for FR they actually had credibility

as for PSM LOL -2000 credibility points

hum...ok...

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
starcraft said:
Right now I'm really wanting to know how much Sony paid for exclusivity. What a bomb.

Lair 2.

LOL!

$0. This isn't MS and Blue Dragon / Lost Odyssey we're talking about here.

Blue Dragon probably came close to making its money back, especially with all the 360's it sold in Japan.  Lost Odyssey is DEFINITELY profitable.  IT used the UE3 engine and has sold 600k units.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

sinha said:
Griffin said:

This respose "4.0 Graphics
Tons of visual issues abound within the game, from texture tears and non-descript environments to pop-in and odd animation problems." to the graphics was very odd aswell, since it sounds like they are reviewing GTA4. The game also did not have that bad of graphics, it was better in many areas then CoD4. It's no where near Halo3 for lighting and textures, but it had better character models.

LOL. Wow...

Is there a single review out there that says Hazelo "has better graphics in many areas than Call of Duty 4"?

You have not played haze so you have no idea how it looks, i have played Haze and CoD4 and i know how both look, and Haze has better graphics in many areas then CoD4.  I played every map to death in the online mode and know the maps like the back of my hand and they are ugly, i have also played the single player parts very much aswell.  

I notice that the advertisements for this game have the dreaded "NOT ACTUAL GAME PLAY" throughout the "ENTIRE" commercial.

Avoid like the plague or wait a couple of weeks when it's $15 in the bargain bins...

Where I expect Killzone 2 to shortly join it after it's release..

Waiting for - GTA IV Xbox 360 Exclusive Episodes part 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

GEARS OF WAR 2      November 2008

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/18698

Game over.

Gamespot: 6.0 Fair

"This madly inconsistent shooter offsets a number of thrilling moments with terrible artificial intelligence and an awful story."

"Multiplayer is uninspiring and unbalanced."

So ... better waste your money for Dark Sector, Frontlines or Army of Two