By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 2008 US Presidential Election - Any opinions?

For Republic: Giuliani
For Democrat: Obama

President: Obama

If Hilary wins, i may have to kill myself. Last Clinton caused 9/11 because he wasn't assertive enough on the first terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.

Around the Network

Atheist do not believe in god and thus don't believe in an afterlife. So, if your an athiest, when you die you go to the cemetary, the end.

Escherichia said:
Atheist do not believe in god and thus don't believe in an afterlife. So, if your an athiest, when you die you go to the cemetary, the end.

Lol... So iff YOU believe you go to the so called 'afterlife'?!... Bullshit if u ask me! Everyone ends up at the cemetry!

I know you guys don't want to hear it but it's just common sence! You die...! The it's over! Everyone just wants to believe there is more! I'd want that too! But i have to disappoint you guys...! You die! And then... It's over! You get buried!

(I can't prove it... But that's just my way at looking at it... I really wish i had something that proved me wrong... But if there's a god... Why isn't he showing himself and letting their so called 'creations' kill everything?!)

THE NETHERLANDS

Escherichia said:

How does not believing in some mythical, all-powerful being preclude believing in some form of existence after death.  Granted alot of athiests don't believe in an afterlife, but its not a requirement for being an atheist.

StarcraftManiac said:
Escherichia said:

Lol... So iff YOU believe you go to the so called 'afterlife'?!... Bullshit if u ask me! Everyone ends up at the cemetry!

I know you guys don't want to hear it but it's just common sence! You die...! The it's over! Everyone just wants to believe there is more! I'd want that too! But i have to disappoint you guys...! You die! And then... It's over! You get buried!

(I can't prove it... But that's just my way at looking at it... I really wish i had something that proved me wrong... But if there's a god... Why isn't he showing himself and letting their so called 'creations' kill everything?!)

Well, you last sentence there identifies you as more of an agnostic than a strong atheist. The exsistence of god cannot be scientifically proven nor disproven therefore it's up to an individual to make his own decision as to whether or not he exists. Certainly it's simply up to a persons point of view.

Around the Network
Blones said:
Ron Paul is the only major party candidate running that's worth a damn. Barring a miracle that causes him to actually win the Republican primary, I'll probably end up voting Libertarian.

Ron Paul is an unabashed racist. If you think that is the only worthy candidate - you either don't know Ron well or you support his racist ideas.

Ron Paul want's to abolish income tax. On one hand I understand why this is a popular idea, on the other hand I can't help but think that this would result in the worst economic nightmare this country has ever known.

Erik Aston said:
Guiliani is a fearmonger even more than W. He's basically claiming that the country will not be safe with a Democrat as president. (That's the nice way to put it. A more correct/politically incorrect way might be saying that he's a terrorist who's message is "elect me or die.")

Despite his claims, 9/11 happened on his watch, with the full warning of the first WTC attack. And his major policy in the wake of 9/11 was to postpone the NYC elections for his own benefit; undermining our democracy due to fear, just as Islamic extremists want.

Last I checked, the planning and excution of the 9/11 attack largely happened outside of NYC, so there's not much he could have done to stop it short of putting missile launcher in the towers (which he wouldn't have been allowed to do).

As for fear mongering, I have no problem, in principle, with Guiliani saying America will be less safe with a Democrat in the White House. One of the primary arguments of any of these candidates, from either side, is why the US will be safer with them in the office as opposed to their opponents (of either party). If Rudy's opposition feels his policies will make the US less safe, then I think they too should make that case.

Actually I think that's what most of us LIKE about our country. Despite the hysterical cries of the far left (and the far right during Clinton's tenure), the President is very limited in his powers. The Constitution acknowleges certain rights, including the right to bear arms, as pre-existing, "endowed by our Creator" as it were, and thus outside the reach of the any government official. If the president could ban guns he could ban free speech, free press, free expression of religion, due process, etc.

nataraj said:
Blones said:
Ron Paul is the only major party candidate running that's worth a damn. Barring a miracle that causes him to actually win the Republican primary, I'll probably end up voting Libertarian.

Ron Paul is an unabashed racist. If you think that is the only worthy candidate - you either don't know Ron well or you support his racist ideas.

What?  I've never heard him say anything racist.  Do you have a source for that?