By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which GameCube memory card should I buy?

I seem to have lost mine, so I want to buy a new one.

Which one's THE ULTIMATE in GC memory???

Do I dare go with some Nyko or MadCatz or Intec deal or do I stick with Nintendo?

Do I want the fattest one possible or is it a waste of space?

Do I order one on Amazon or eBay or somewhere else?

I'm really really pissed.  I didn't want to do this.  I've been searching for it for months.  It's the only evidence of my perfect diamond record score (every single note) on "Dust in the Wind" on Karaoke Revolution Party.  I also lost my Melee save, but I really don't mind, 'cuz I have Brawl now.  But I lost saves for Pikmin, Killer7, Mario Strikers, and Mega Man Collection too.

Anyway, help a mutha out.

Thanks.

Around the Network

Get the offical nintendo 1019 mc, after purchasing it i never worried about memory anymore. Might have been pricey (30$) but IMO it was worth it.

any memory card with over 1000 is what your looking for...

...as Red Devil said, you never have to worry again...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

The 251 is also good it was perfect for people who bought Animal Crossing. Thats wierd the 1019 wasnt released in europe im pretty sure you could have iimported it might have been more costly.

Do not get the 1,000 block card from Nintendo. Usually anything Nintendo touches is pure gold, but those memory cards have problems. We all know third party memory cards aren't the most reliable, so cross those out. Get the black 251 card from Nintendo.

There were compatibility problems with certain games and the official 1,000 Nintendo card right out of the gate. I've also read that (at least some)data will corrupt on those cards when used with a Wii. So far I've had two games corrupt on me. Pinball Hall of Fame and Fire Emblem. I first noticed Pinball HoF corrupting last year, and thought that since it was a budget game that might be the reason. Then when I got Fire Emblem for the Wii and tried transferring data over, it said my FE GC file was corrupted. I popped in the GC FE to make sure and it was definitely corrupt.

So go with the 251 from Nintendo and enjoy the Cube greatness. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I would go with the 251 blocks Nintendo one. It's quite a lot of space and your files are safe.

Ever since I had some crappy 3rd party memory card for the N64 which stopped working after two years, I stick with the original Nintendo stuff.

EDIT: That's already the second thread in which a 1000+ MC from Nintendo is mentioned. Lucky Americans, I don't think it was ever released here in Europe. Well, owning two 251 MCs isn't too bad.

2?  I had three.  Though I gave one away to a friend.  All three were filled too... and I hardly played my cube compared to the PS2.

Red4ADevil said:
Get the offical nintendo 1019 mc, after purchasing it i never worried about memory anymore. Might have been pricey (30$) but IMO it was worth it.
What he said.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
Red4ADevil said:
Get the offical nintendo 1019 mc, after purchasing it i never worried about memory anymore. Might have been pricey (30$) but IMO it was worth it.
What he said.

Do NOT get this one. A little bit of searching(like I mentioned in my post) will show there are problems with this card. To my knowledge, many of those cards work fine. But still, there have been many reports of problems with it. Why gamble?

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

You've got 3 cards afaik.

A... like 90 slots one.. don't buy this one. A few games, and it's full.
A 251 slot one.. this one is nice if you've got some games. If you have got lots and lots of games you want to play (about 30+ I think, not sure), go for the big one.
The big one got like 999+ slots.. Too much if you ask me, I should only buy this one if you have got so many games that you think there wouldn't be enough space on the 251 one.

MK7!! 3DS friend code: 0688 - 5579 - 0994

Also playing DotA2 beta!

Offical Nintendo 1019.