By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo console elimination game

How in god's name did you get to 10 for SNES and 12 for N64? You added 4 to SNES and 3 to N64?

Ignoring the previous post, which doesn't follow from what came before...

7 SNES (++)
5 N64 (---)

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network

9 SNES (++)
2 N64 (---)

As much as I love my N64, and it has many of the greatest games evar (SM64, OoT), and introduced FPSes to consoles, there's no way I can in good conscience allow it to beat the SNES. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

11 SNES (++)
0 N64 (---)

too late and I'm sad about how poor the DS did :(

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

My 3 points go to GameCube

Taking one point away from Wii!

My reasons!

GameCube was a console with plenty of killer App AAA+ first party software and was one of my favorite consoles of all time. Barely surpassing my past favorite console the Super Nintendo. New IP's like Pikmin, Custom Robo , Animal Crossing as well as a return of almost every major Nintendo franchise made the GameCube the ultimate Nintendo gaming console. I mean the exclusive content on the console made it a console that could not be missed!

Why taking a point from the Wii. While the hardware is definatly amazing and ground breaking their is a lack of serious software advancements visuals and intellectually. It appears that simpler is becoming better then quality. Rather then building up a plot line Nintendo would rather swamp the console with pick up and play titles. So SNES beats Wii hands down!

My top three Nintendo consoles are

#1.GameCube

#2.Super Nintendo

#3.Nintendo Wii

The handhelds just don't hold up when put against Nintendo's home platforms for the most part. Of course GameBoy:Colour has to beat out N64/NES in my books because of franchises like Pokemon which revolutionalized the industry! 

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

My top:

_ SNES (The crown Jewel.... 16bit generation is where graphics were the best for gaming I tought, excluding FPS, 6 buttons was great and not too complicated... that generation just hit the spot imho)
_ NES (this is just not arguable...)
_ GB ( So many great games on that little thing....)
_ Wii (i'm sorry, it's just revolutionary to me... since I had almost stoped playing games, it has to be in my top5)
_ N64 ( The one I had the least apeal for, came out way too late... still great games though)
_ GameCube (good but there is nothing I won't forget about it...)
_ Gameboy Advance (I always was Meh about it...)
_ Virtual Boy (never played)
_ GBC (same as GB with colors... never felt the need to make the jump...)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

SNES 6
N64 6

Uhhh... The three last posts are a little bit late...

Work in progress for now...