By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help Louie complete his Gamecube library (for best of article and for fun)

You MUST play Tales of Symphonia and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, FE is awesome
Also i liked Star Fox Assault, was a fun multiplayer, with a short single player mode
And if you like fighting games and don't mind play with a Freeloader, Battle Stadium DON was fun, has a feeling between Melee and JUS

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Around the Network

Man, you skipped SSX3, that's one of my favorite games on my cube, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

BengaBenga said:
Louie:

I wouldn't have mentioned Fire Emblem if I thought it wasn't good. It is one of the hardest games of the previous generation. It's definitely an outstanding game in the Gamecube library. Successful is not the same as important. It was the first console Fire Emblem that was released outside Japan.

Skies of Arcardia is one of 3 good RPG's on Cube, despite being a Dreamcast port. You could save yourself the money of Final Fantasy, it's not very good. The definitive RPG is ToS.

Metroid 2 wasn't nearly as good as 1, so could be left from the list. Twilight Princess is more a Wii game, at least it wasn't important for Cube.

Benga is right, FE:Path of Radiance is one of the best Gamecube games, period.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

quigontcb said:

No offense, but you really don't sound well equipped to do a "Best Of" GameCube article. It also seems you're judging a game's quality and importance on whether something is a "hit" or not(at least partially). Another clue would be that you seem very doubtful about the Skies of Arcadia mention, despite this game being praised for years on many forums. And the fact that you are completely ignoring Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II, a game that not only met your criteria for sales success, but also set the bar pretty high for the GC on a technical level.

Try doing a "Louie's Faves" type of article. An actual "Best Of..." article that doesn't hold water will be torn to shreds by any reasonable person, forget about fanboys going nuts on it. Maybe try doing an article like.....hmmmm...."Unfinished Journey: Exploring the GC Library". That would be very much in line with your experience with the Cube. You just don't have enough experience, or breadth of experience, on the Cube to do a definitive article on it's library.

BTW, I'm still bothered by how you think a game must be a hit to be considered important for a console. Not being a tool, just stating mu concerns.

Thanks for stating your opinion, that´s completely okay so don´t worry

Rest assured I followed nearly every Gamecube game, Skies of Arcadia just never appealed to me that much from what I´ve read. But I´ll definitely give it a try. I did play Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II, though. I rent it (which is not what I usually do with games) because the official German Nintendo mag said something in the lines of "it looks better than the latest movie" which made me want the game. But I knew how they sometimes preaised games a bit too high I just forgot to mention it (I also forgot to mention Mario Kart and some others when I did my first post...)

I didn´t mean a game is only important when it sees high sales. I agree, though that my post made it sound like that but believe me I would never judge a games importance by its sales. Pikmin for example should definitely be included in such a list, if you ask me - it wasn´t that succesfull compared to other Nintendo franchises but it still was important. If Fire Emblem is really that good I´ll definitely give it a try.

Oh and I guess I´m well equipped to review the GC library if I played all the important games on the console... which is exactly what I´ll do now. Read my first post, this way I´ll get stuff for an article and will be able to complete my library at the same time. Believe me, I´ll give it enough time so everything is fair in the end. I will keep you informed

On a side note: I want the most "important" games because you cannot say which game is the best. It really depends on your personal opinion. I also don´t want to put the games in a specific order.