By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Little Big Planet To be SONY's Super Smash Bros??

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33695.html

If you havn't seen the Killzone LBP Trailer the link is above me..

This trailer made me think that maybe LBP got delayed for this reason....maybe SONY delayed it to yes get more levels in (50 lvls on the disc is the rumor now)

But maybe the other reason was to in a way Get all SONY characters and one of their lvls representing their world into the game.

Maybe they got the devs of those games or got media molecule to co-operate with those studios to make at least one lvl from key SONY franchises..

I'm talking about ---- Kratos with a Greek Mythology themed level

Racthet and a level in his city

Solid Snake and a level in Shadow Moses maybe (3rd party I know but seen as a SONY franchise)

Cloud, Sephiroth & an FF7 themed level

AND so on...

The idea is great & if SONY put things like these into Little Big Planet it will be HUGE!

________

What do you think, is this the hint the new trailer has given us, is a SONY Smash Bros heading our way disguised under a different name??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

This is based off the Helgasts being in the trailer?

I can see costumes made of Sony chars... but to call it Sony's Smash Brothers seems a bit off.

Lots of games have had legacy costumes and the like.

Like Nippon Ichi games where like every maincharacter makes a side appearance in the newer games. 

Thats not is Sony smash bros, sony not have mascots, maybe cratos or ratchet, but any important.

Solid Snake, cloud and sephiroth, ratchet and clank....I don't think any of those belong to Sony.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The success of this game is pure speculation, we don't know if is going to be the next best thing or a flop... SSBB was a success based on the last version, a great game and the hype of the Wii itself...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

There is an interview on GT where a MM dev says that it could be fun to have other developers create maps based on a franchise of theirs, but it would not be on the disc, but rather DLC, most likely from the LPB online/share section.

EDIT: And I don't think this would be the "Sony equivalent of SSBB", but technically anyone could do a R&C map.

Wait, what?

I thought LBP was an Interactive Platformer, not a fighter.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

The_vagabond7 said:
Solid Snake, cloud and sephiroth, ratchet and clank....I don't think any of those belong to Sony.

Still, probably won't be too expensive to get premission.... or to just "add" oddly similar looking costume things.

@The_Vagabond

yet they are characters mainly appearing on SONY platforms......

@Dtewi

yes but a Platformer in the sense on Smash Bros as in having all characters from key franchises..and a level representing their world..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The idea is kinda cool. I'd definitely like to see something like that happen, and it's not like they couldn't still be holding some secrets.

What's with capitalizing SONY btw? It's giving the impression that you're yelling every second word when I read you post aloud in my head. =P