By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I must admit, I am liking the Xbox 360 this gen

Darc Requiem said:
windbane said:
Yeah, but if you are like me and a sucker for FF, you have to go with PS3.

Even if that were the case, I'd wait for 2009 to pick up a PS3 when the game is actually out. Why fork over $600 in 2006 for game that won't release for three years? Especially when the majority of the other JRPGs are released on a competing platform. I'd actually wait for FFXIII's release and pick up a PS3 for half the cost I would have paid in 2006 and the $300 I saved on my PS3 purchase would have paid for Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, and Infinite Undiscovery.

Oh no doubt if I was just going to play FF13 that waiting to get a PS3 would be the way to go. I got a launch PS3 and just decided not to sell it because of the exclusives I knew I'd end up needing a PS3 for. I sold another...

I'm also a huge fan of MGS4 and I knew it wouldn't be as long to play that game. Oblivion was also fun, because I enjoy all RPG types, so I haven't been totally without RPGs. If I had more time I'd also play Persona 3...and I still need to go back and play Kingdom Hearts 2. Ugh.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
It`s just because games like WKS, FFXIII, FFXIIIv, KH3, SO4 are still not out yet.
When, you will play these games, you will understand, that x360 jrpgs were just some stuff to kill time before coming of real masterpieces. =)

That is what you hope. Given the amount of bitching that goes one every time RPG hits 360 by PS3 fans, I think its, I hope these games better so I can justify myself not buying them for 360.

windbane said:
Darc Requiem said:
windbane said:
Yeah, but if you are like me and a sucker for FF, you have to go with PS3.

Even if that were the case, I'd wait for 2009 to pick up a PS3 when the game is actually out. Why fork over $600 in 2006 for game that won't release for three years? Especially when the majority of the other JRPGs are released on a competing platform. I'd actually wait for FFXIII's release and pick up a PS3 for half the cost I would have paid in 2006 and the $300 I saved on my PS3 purchase would have paid for Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, and Infinite Undiscovery.

Oh no doubt if I was just going to play FF13 that waiting to get a PS3 would be the way to go. I got a launch PS3 and just decided not to sell it because of the exclusives I knew I'd end up needing a PS3 for. I sold another...

I'm also a huge fan of MGS4 and I knew it wouldn't be as long to play that game. Oblivion was also fun, because I enjoy all RPG types, so I haven't been totally without RPGs. If I had more time I'd also play Persona 3...and I still need to go back and play Kingdom Hearts 2. Ugh.

My best friend is picking up a PS3 for MGS4 but not until hit store shelves. I personally have no interest in FFXIII or MGS. White Knight Story and Valkyria Chronicles are the only PS3 games on my radar at the moment. Haze was on my radar but it seemingly like its average at best. Hopefully I can get my brother to rent it on Gamefly so I can find out for myself. 

CrazzyMan said:
It`s just because games like WKS, FFXIII, FFXIIIv, KH3, SO4 are still not out yet.
When, you will play these games, you will understand, that x360 jrpgs were just some stuff to kill time before coming of real masterpieces. =)

A game in the hand is worth 2 next year.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

windbane said:
Heh, fun. Zen, you always have long posts. *sigh*

At least the PS3 is getting Star Ocean 4, supposedly Eternal Sonata and Tales of V at some point, and eventually White Knight Chronicles and FF13 and Versus...oh, and Valkyrie for SRPG...and Disgaea 3...I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I'm sorry you have to have a 360 to play RPGs, heh.

I agree with the bolded*

almost every game you listed is a "hunch" or isn't coming out for a while.... so, you'll be without a proper rpg (besides disgaeea 3 and oblivion) for a while....

so i'm sorry you have to have a ps3 to play no rpgs... heh.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

360 owners if you have recently purchased a 360 console. If you need assistance in a XBox 360 game recommendation, starcraft is always here to help out.

Rock_on_2008 said:
360 owners if you have recently purchased a 360 console. If you need assistance in a XBox 360 game recommendation, starcraft is always here to help out.

This generation the Xbox 360 is the RPG king.  It will remain the WRPG king until the end of the generation, and I doubt it will ever be seen as less than even with the PS3 from a JRPG standpoint.  Due simply to it's overwhelming sales, I expect the Wii to end up with better JRPG support than the Xbox 360 this generation, but not for a couple of years.

JRPG:  Eternal Sonata (I'm ten hours in, great so far), Lost Odyssey (ZOMG), Blue Dragon (solid) and upcoming Infinite Undiscovery (Can you say, Square Enix?), Cry On (Sakagucci) and Tales of Vesperia.  There are others, see MrStickBall, who is more profficient in an examination of JRPG availability than me.

WRPG:  Mass Effect (WOW), Two Worlds (great after the patch) and then of course, the incredible, the amazing, FABLE 2!!!!

This doesn't include multiplatform games. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

while the 360 may have some more jrpg at the moments it's doomed to lose in that genere. The installment base in japan is just to small, in the furure we will se more jrpgs on the ps3 and the wii. Wii due to its rather large installment base, ps3 due the blu-ray which is able to contain alot of cut scenes(and japanese people love cut scenes).

while i didnt like blu dragon i feel that lost odyssey is really good. B
Almost completed it i am on disc 4. While its a great rpg i found it quite lame when those stupid kids started to sing.