By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I must admit, I am liking the Xbox 360 this gen

well it's certainly better than it was last gen.

Around the Network

jinx

I also am liking the Xbox this gen. It's got a lot of great games if you don't own a gaming PC.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

windbane said:
One cool thing about the Wii is that the going rate for it doesn't drop. You can still sell it on ebay for $300+.

Namco Bandai keeps hinting that Tales of V and Eternal Sonata will end up on PS3 but until that happens the 360 does have some decent RPGs that the other systems don't.

Hum...I guess Fire Emblem is the only decent RPG on the Wii? That could be SRPG, though...I haven't played it yet.

Windbane, I have a couple of huge problems with your post.

A. I can understand you not mentioning Mass Effect because of PC, but come on, what about Lost Odyssey. That is one of the best JRPG's ever, imo, and you go ask anyone around here, they can tell you, I'm pretty into JRPG's and I'm not excatly friendly towards the Xbox 360, lol. Maybe you just didn't play it or went by review scores, but I think ES got just as bad of review scores as LO, and it is amazing as well. So, which one was it.

B. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is my favorite game so far this gen. You'll find a huge following for the game here on VGChartz. That said, several critics panned it as being derivitive(like LO and ES). Those critics aren't fans of this genre of game. It's a SRPG.

The Wii also has 2 other really great/high potentialed RPG's out/coming out, which are Tales of Symphonia 2, and Super Paper Mario.

You'll find a few more on VC, but overall the Wii doesn't have many JRPG's either.

The PS3 has virtually none.

That's one reason I resent it.

I expected the Wii to have little very little RPG action, but it already has 2 classics out for it, while I expected the PS3 to be racking rpgs up and destorying the competition. So far I have just been playing my PS2 and Xbox 360. You have no idea how much I hate having to own an Xbox 360 to play JRPGs on. It's a love/hate relationship.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Im glad I see posts like this. It is a HUGE breath of fresh. Lately, I have been hearing things like:

'Look there are no JRPGs for PS3 at the moment, so I should focus on WRPGs now, God forbid I buy the 360, even though there are a lot of games in my favourite genre there I really want to play!'
or
'OMG look at Resistance 2, Killzone 2, SOCOM, Haze, cant wait! (but I will ignore the fact that I have labelled the 360 a shooter box all this while)'
or
'Look at this confirmed rumour of BioShock, ToV, Mass Effect coming to PS3! No reason to buy a 360 now! Even though it is in the rumour section or in one rumour-mongering magazine, its confirmed!'

Sorry guys, just had to rant a bit, Ill stop now.

But yeah, you are a breath of fresh air.

Around the Network

Heh, fun. Zen, you always have long posts. *sigh*

I'm sorry I didn't list every RPG, geez! I was just saying that I'm frustrated that those games haven't been ported already. I like JRPGs. I also really like SRPGs. I'm looking forward to trying out Fire Emblem when I get to that on my gamefly list.

I look forward to playing Mass Effect on my PC, yeah, heh. I've loved Bioware since Baldur's Gate. I've heard Lost Odyssey is derivative of Final Fantasy, which probably means I'd like it. I do want to try Eternal Sonata because of the music...hence my frustration with Namco.

I don't really consider Super Paper Mario an RPG...I rarely needed items. I mean, there's a "party" I guess and you level up...although I didn't have to worry about that once I found the infinite spawn at the pipe. It's still more of a platformer, though. I also didn't like the 2nd half very much.

At least the PS3 is getting Star Ocean 4, supposedly Eternal Sonata and Tales of V at some point, and eventually White Knight Chronicles and FF13 and Versus...oh, and Valkyrie for SRPG...and Disgaea 3...I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I'm sorry you have to have a 360 to play RPGs, heh.

EaglesEye379 said:
Im glad I see posts like this. It is a HUGE breath of fresh. Lately, I have been hearing things like:

'Look there are no JRPGs for PS3 at the moment, so I should focus on WRPGs now, God forbid I buy the 360, even though there are a lot of games in my favourite genre there I really want to play!'
or
'OMG look at Resistance 2, Killzone 2, SOCOM, Haze, cant wait! (but I will ignore the fact that I have labelled the 360 a shooter box all this while)'
or
'Look at this confirmed rumour of BioShock, ToV, Mass Effect coming to PS3! No reason to buy a 360 now! Even though it is in the rumour section or in one rumour-mongering magazine, its confirmed!'

People are pretty sure about Bioshock, ES, and Tales of V, but I see your point. If you have BC, you can play Persona 3: FES, heh. I heard Persona 4 is planned for PS2 later this year, as well.

EaglesEye379 said:

or
or

Excellent post EaglesEye379, I have been saying similar things for months now. I am so sick and tired of hearing PS3 owners whining about when ES is coming out or when ToV will hit PS3. Or why this RPG isn't coming to PS3, if you are fawning over more games for a console that you don't own than the console you do own. You obviously made the wrong choice.

Yeah, but if you are like me and a sucker for FF, you have to go with PS3.

windbane said:
Yeah, but if you are like me and a sucker for FF, you have to go with PS3.

Even if that were the case, I'd wait for 2009 to pick up a PS3 when the game is actually out. Why fork over $600 in 2006 for game that won't release for three years? Especially when the majority of the other JRPGs are released on a competing platform. I'd actually wait for FFXIII's release and pick up a PS3 for half the cost I would have paid in 2006 and the $300 I saved on my PS3 purchase would have paid for Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, and Infinite Undiscovery.