By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anybody else disappointed in the metroid series sales?

RolStoppable said:
Metroid is too complex for a lot of action fans and it's too action focused for a lot of adventure fans.

Wow, it really only takes a single sentence to explain it. Cool.

Your argument owned me before I could even post

Sales are not THAT bad. I think all metroid games have been million sellers, not sure.

Work in progress for now...

Around the Network

Metroid prime is a hard serie, I play Metroid Prime on Game cube and I never beat the parasite queen(1 level boss)

Cobretti2 said:
what most said. To add to it there was like 0% advertising for metroid prime. So how are none metroid fans ment to understand what the game is about.

All people relaly know is mario and zelda. Metroid name hasn't really been hyped like the other two.
There were wii would like to play commercials on tv, and the metroid channel. I don't see that as being lack of advertisement.

I guess hardcore gamers these days are use to easy games. I never found the metroid prime series hard. The old 2d metroids were hard though. Especially when you wanted 100%.

Well it's been summed up already. It doesn't fit neatly into a group so that FPS fans or adventure fans (if those even exist anymore) care too much about it. It's alot harder than most games these days (except 3 was pretty easy on the default difficulty level), ect ect. Great series, and sells well enough. Fire Emblem deserves more sales too.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I happen to think that the music in Metroid has never been given the attention it deserved either. I've always really loved the music from the games. It's just as good as Mario's music and better then a lot of songs from Zelda (though the Zelda theme is awesome).

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

MANUELF said:
Metroid prime is a hard serie, I play Metroid Prime on Game cube and I never beat the parasite queen(1 level boss)

Do you know the strategy? Honestly asking. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

DarkNight_DS said:
I happen to think that the music in Metroid has never been given the attention it deserved either. I've always really loved the music from the games. It's just as good as Mario's music and better then a lot of songs from Zelda (though the Zelda theme is awesome).
I feel the music fit the atmosphere of the games. You are alone with a whole bunch of enemies and there is creepy music playing.  It felt the lonliness of the games.

MANUELF said:

Are you serious? That thing was so easy. I feel bad for you if you had to face Thardus, Omega Pirate, and especially metroid prime. 

I'm dissapointed at the sales I expected MP3 to sell atleast 2 million copies since wii's userbase is bigger than the gamecube's.Anyways I have never been into the metroid franchise,I really liked the demo version of hunters,I have also play the first metroid prime at my friend's house.