By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kwaad's Wii harshness.

ranzchic said: Wii hatred from it's most promising market. and sounds like alot of bad news comming from alot of places too... OUCH! Okay, I am calling it right here. Kwaad is a character username. He's not real. He is simply somebody concocted by someone to troll these forums and spew nonsensical stuff to get a reaction. Everyone should stop falling into his trap while we're still ahead.
Yup. PSN: Kwaad I would post my e-mail, but I dont feel like turning spam filters on because I gave it to a bunch of nintendo fanaticals.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

hanafuda - Thanks for the link, but I just can't watch that without thinking, 'Homeland rip off!'. Do you know Homeland? If so, you will know what I am talking about.
The only PS2 title I can find with the word "Homeland" in the title is "Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland", and I'm doubting that's what you're referring to.
staticneuron - I agree with you that the wii is overhyped. It still provides some anticipation I hope that Naruto Shippūden will be able to play on american Wii's if not I will be sad.
The hype that Nintendo themselves is responsible for is pretty close to the reality for casual/nongamers at this point in time. Given the lines we're still seeing on shipment days I think the selling out in North America will last at least to the end of this month, but for how much longer afterwards, if at all, is a good question. As for serious gamers being disappointed, it's quite understandable, but still disappointing nonetheless. Nintendo is giving 3rd parties more breathing room to succeed on the Wii, but it does hurt the people who bought the Wii for Nintendo's own games. :( *I so want Metroid Prime 3, the original MP was the best single-player FPS I've ever played. ^_^ Ah, Super Mario World just hit Virtual Console in NA, I'm gonna go get it if you'll excuse me. ;) Releasing big games like this on virtual console week after week is probably to fill-gap the current title-shortage, until sonic hits on the 20th at least.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Wii Play hits next week and if Japan is any indication(they love Wii sports almost as much as we do and Wii Play is getting the same treatment), I expect it to be the next half a million seller(I would say million but I like to underestimate). It's shallow and getting slammed in traditional gaming review sites and the only reason hardcore gamers want it is for the extra wiimote, but it will move some systems. Or at the very least sustain the enormous Wii hypetrain this quarter especially people who couldnt care less about reviews(i.e "casual gamers"). @Kwadd: I gotta give credit where credit is due. You breathed some life in the forums. Many lurkers were urged to register and log-in just so we could reply to your insane posts.

Whats the old forum saying? I know don't feed the troll. Basically don't play Kwaad any mind. Anybody that thinks the PS2 is superior to the GC from a hardware standpoint has no credibility. They was no game for any system, X-box included, that pushed as many polygons with all effects as Rogue Squadron 3. The only advantage the PS2 had over the X-box and Gamecube was its ability to handle floating point operations. Sony's lack of built in effects on the PS2 gpu, killed any sort of advantage the CPU gave the PS2. The X-box had the weakest CPU out of the three consoles last gen, but it had the most powerful GPU. When comparing the last gen consoles, its about the Gamecube and X-box when comparing overall system power.

vanguardian1 said: The only PS2 title I can find with the word "Homeland" in the title is "Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland", and I'm doubting that's what you're referring to.
Homeland is a GC game. http://www.chunsoft.co.jp/game/homeland/
staticneuron said: Ouch, mainly nonsense...... From what I have read (because I didn't feel GTHD was worth the DL) That the demo does not contain the new car models, nor physics, nor damage. The crowds are static and other than textures the game does not provide any next gen visuals. If you have found otherwise please link me to where you got your info from.
'Nonsense', was a bit harsh. 'Highly inaccurate', is a better way of putting it. Of course it contains new car models. All of them have been completely re-modeled. I could go on but there really isn't much point seen as you are commenting on a game you haven't played and can't be bothered to download.. I found otherwise by actually playing the game and reading up on it from various sources. http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

Homeland is a GC game.
Graphically looks like the same style, but the gameplay looks completely different. Dewey looks a lot better though. ;) Style wise though, you can say Dewey, that Homeland, Animal Crossing, Sims Wii, and a few other titles are all the same style. Btw, after seeing the trailer, I am officially interested in Gundam Masou for PS3. Probably won't see it before 2011 though considering all things financial. 0.o

ranzchic said: Wii Play hits next week and if Japan is any indication(they love Wii sports almost as much as we do and Wii Play is getting the same treatment), I expect it to be the next half a million seller(I would say million but I like to underestimate). It's shallow and getting slammed in traditional gaming review sites and the only reason hardcore gamers want it is for the extra wiimote, but it will move some systems. Or at the very least sustain the enormous Wii hypetrain this quarter especially people who couldnt care less about reviews(i.e "casual gamers"). @Kwadd: I gotta give credit where credit is due. You breathed some life in the forums. Many lurkers were urged to register and log-in just so we could reply to your insane posts.
Thanks. :) Also, as hard as you bash the PS3. Name me one offroad raceing game that's as good as Motorstorm. I *HATE* offroad raceing games. HATE HATE HATE. I love motorstorm. They approached it as a game. Fictional world. Not quite Psycho worlds like some... but then agian, I dont find jumping off a mountian that much fun. Now being rammed off the side of a mountian? That's fun. Espeically when the AI is smart enough to have grudge matches. They dont care if they win. They just want you to LOOSE. ;) GT:HD Stupid, not enough content. If the graphics running a revamped GT4 engine on PS3... I wanna see the new GT5 engine... And I own every GT since GT3. ;) I love the long races, the ability to customize your cars. (I dont care about paintjobs, and body kits. Give me a supercharger or a turbo, and that's what I wanna tweak) GT:HD does one thing for me. It tells me GT5 will rock. HARD. God of War 2 is one I'm waiting for. It's a PS2 game.. BUT... I want it. Lair. I'm really waiting on Lair. GTA4... it is multiplatform, but I have a PS3. And I like PS controllers... alot. Also, just as a funny point. I played my cube ALOT more than my PS2 for about 1 year. I bought all multiplatform games on my Cube. Why? I love the wavebird. Then Logitch released their wireless PS2 controller... I dont think I've used the GC since then. I think the feel of the controllers make/break a system. I dont like the 'feel' of the wiimote. It needs a upgrade imo. let me just say this agian. I DONT LIKE THE FEEL. I dont care if you think it feels this good! ***mature content*** KPAA (kwaad picture associaton of america) R. (sexual themes) http:// www livevideo.com/video/landing/55046B0AA017479EB6432C0A707B8B8C/wii-sex.aspx ***mature content*** :)

I wanted to put this in a new post... but... I want to see a Rogue Galaxy2... :) (too bad it would be PS3 exclusive... *sob*)

I tried a Logitech PS2 wireless for about 30 seconds before I asked my friend if he had a regular PS2 controller, I just didn't find it comfortable. Rogue Galaxy sound interesting, but I'll wait 'till it drops in price more (or rent it later when the time's better).

hanafuda said: 'Nonsense', was a bit harsh. 'Highly inaccurate', is a better way of putting it. Of course it contains new car models. All of them have been completely re-modeled. I could go on but there really isn't much point seen as you are commenting on a game you haven't played and can't be bothered to download.. I found otherwise by actually playing the game and reading up on it from various sources.
The reason I didn't believe it was because of ign's translation of Kazunori Yamauchi description of the game. "Yamauchi provided a summary of what's known about GTHD so far, including the split in modes between classic and premium. Just to avoid confusion, we'll repeat the details here. Classic mode is GT4 in high-definition and a few other visual enhancements. The mode will be playable exclusively through downloadable cars and tracks. Premium mode is a single player preview of Gran Turismo 5, featuring a full-fledged PS3 graphics engine and detailed tracks and car models." http://ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734938p1.html and since we all Know that they pretty much scrapped the second concept ( the one supposedly with the new models, damage and gt 5 engine again repeated here http://ps3.ign.com/articles/748/748610p1.html ) I am curious as to where you found out the information about the redone cars and engine. I am sorry I cannot read japanese so I did not come across it.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723