By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kwaad's Wii harshness.

Hey Kwaad, I'm really not sure what you are trying to prove. You don't like the Wii - fine, go and sell it. Im sure there are lots of people keen to buy yours. But it seems that you are trying to convince *others* that they shouldn't like the Wii - and maybe its just me, but I think that's pretty pointless. Im excited about the Wii, as it promotes SOCIAL gaming - nothing any other console in the history of video gaming has been able to do before. And Im not talking about the WoW type of social. Thanks to the Wii - my girlfriend/partner uses the console. Her sister has played, as has her mother, 4 of her (female) friends and a few other people. Apart from maybe some card games on Windows, none of them *ever* have played games - in their lives. None of them care less about the 360, PS3 - or any other type of gaming device (although the DS has got some use...). Welcome to the revolution - its not about "hard-core" gamers anymore - its about everyone else.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Kwaad, it's cool that you like the PS3...it's a great system...but so is the Wii...and you will admit that sooner or later. Both systems have great games coming in 2007/2008. Every PS3 fan I talk to talks about games that aren't out. So do Wii fans like myself. The launch titles for BOTH systems suck. Wii has Zelda. PS3 has Resistance. The rest of the games for both systems are not nearly as good. But there are great games coming out for both systems. I think it's very unlikely that the PS3's fall titles will "plow over" the Wii. The systems are going to be challenging each other well past this year and probably through 2008, so just get over it and play the good games on both systems.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

So you're a troll...we get it. You can shut up now. Thanks. Signed, Everyone.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

I've got 11 Wii games that I would rate as follows: Excellent(9.0 or higher): Zelda, Rayman, Wario, Wii Sports, Madden Great(8.0 - 9.0): Excite Truck, Elebits, Marvel Ultimate Alliance Good(7.0 - 8.0): Tony Hawk, Super Monkey Ball Fair(6.0 - 7.0): Red Steel As for PS3, right now there is Resistance and a bunch of Xbox 360 ports. I tried Resistance and it bored me. I've just had my fill of FPS games at this point. But if I had to choose between a 360 and a PS3 right now, it would be the 360 easily. For rankings you point to one site? Please! At least look at http://www.gamerankings.com for a composite of a large set of review sites. I could just as easily point to Gamespot that rates Wario a 9.1, Zelda an 8.8, and Resistance an 8.6 and say "Wow the Wii dominates the PS3". I do agree with you though that this thread is definitely a *yawn*.

You are either lying or an idiot, Kwadd. You let $200 just sit there on a Walmart shelf and just stared at it and drooled. Any sane person, especially those that follows gaming news would have fought tooth and nail to get the two Wiis and made a hefty profit. And for a "failing" system aimed at non-gamers(that supposedly don't buy games at all), the Wii is enjoying a hearty attach rate of about 5.4 software per system. The 360 has a comparable attach rate and the PS3's is a bit more than half a 2.9 software per unit. The Wii doesnt even need AAA titles. Casual gamers(that also bought the PS2 in major numbers) don't buy games based on reviews. They don't spend hours upon hours researching on the interweb about thier pruchase. Besides, if Japan is any indication, traditional games are on a decline. Cooking Mama, Wii Sports, Nintendogs, Elite Beat Agent, Guitar Hero and other "non-games" is the future.

Around the Network

whatever said: I've got 11 Wii games that I would rate as follows: Excellent(9.0 or higher): Zelda, Rayman, Wario, Wii Sports, Madden Great(8.0 - 9.0): Excite Truck, Elebits, Marvel Ultimate Alliance Good(7.0 - 8.0): Tony Hawk, Super Monkey Ball Fair(6.0 - 7.0): Red Steel As for PS3, right now there is Resistance and a bunch of Xbox 360 ports. I tried Resistance and it bored me. I've just had my fill of FPS games at this point. But if I had to choose between a 360 and a PS3 right now, it would be the 360 easily. For rankings you point to one site? Please! At least look at http://www.gamerankings.com for a composite of a large set of review sites. I could just as easily point to Gamespot that rates Wario a 9.1, Zelda an 8.8, and Resistance an 8.6 and say "Wow the Wii dominates the PS3". I do agree with you though that this thread is definitely a *yawn*.
You own those? You say you will buy a PS3 when it drops 200$ in price? Yet you own 11 Wii games. 50*11=650$ You own almost every game on the Wii? Do you also own every VC? You got a 360 before? and almost every game on it? You a millionare who Buys the cheapest **** and trys to save a few bucks? and then buy every game that looks like fun? I'm sorry but back up your stuff. In another thread, it was proven the PS3 generated more revenue than the Wii for EA. The PS3 is selling as well as the Wii in parts of the country. Except their getting bigger shipments. The PS3 is not released yet in Europe. Europe is 35% of the sony market. for a console that costs 2x more than the Wii, it is only released in 65% of it's market, and it is selling at 50% the Wii. If the PS3 sales dont go down too much. (if they go up, my numbers will be further off) by the end of march the PS3 will have sold around 4million units world wide. The wii might be at 6million. best case. The PS3's cost means investment. 4million PS3's worldwide. * average 575$. (I would say higher than that actually) 575*4,000,000 = 2,300,000,000USD 250*6,000,000 = 1,500,000,000USD Sony does not turn a profit. They loose money on each unit sold. However This number is the most imporant thing, on consoles. How much money is being spent on the units. Because that shows where the money is, and last time I checked. Every single company in this world... every single game... everything in this world revolves around one thing. Money. The console with the most money wins. That would be the PS3. At the end of march, 360 had sold 1,342,500 units in America. The PS3 is easily at 1million, and it's not even febuary. the Games dont come till March. Wich is when people who dont want to buy it 'now' and play it 'later' buys it. 3million is a VERY easy goal for the PS3. exceptinally easy. Close their eyes, and cancel all their march games easy. Even at 3million the PS3 would be ahead of the Wii in NET income. That is the most imporant thing besides the games. The Wii has some great games comming. The PS3 does too. The 360 does as well. I think the PS3 has a cult following, and I dont think they have bought it yet. I know... ALOT... of people who want a PS3. (out of 10 households that I'm close to personally... every one is waiting for march... or just dosent get paid enough to afford it for another 2 or 3 months. The PS3 will not fail. The Wii will not fail. The 360 probibally wont fail. For Nintendo, the Wii is a raveing success. includeing everything that comes with the Wii. it is not worth more than 150$ for nintendo to make. Every Wii sold nintendo makes more than than any PS3 sold now will make sony. (the PS3's sold today, probibally wont turn a profit for Sony, however it assures the PS3's market share, wich will make future PS3's make a killing) See the PS3 is haveing a horrible launch just like the PS1... and the PS2... Holy crap. what's new. Sony launches a awosome system. And then it bombs for the first year... and then takes off like a fighter jet. Let's get away from my rants on the Wii. I expect the Wii to bomb in 2 years. Like I expect to see the PSP start takeing off. DS is popular. DS is selling like candy right now. but people who are buying a handheld, as a investment... are now looking more and more at the PSP over the DS. Try to reason agianst what I said. Whatever. Your the Troll FYI. 2 posts in this thread. All trolling me.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

whatever said: For rankings you point to one site? Please! At least look at http://www.gamerankings.com for a composite of a large set of review sites. I could just as easily point to Gamespot that rates Wario a 9.1, Zelda an 8.8, and Resistance an 8.6 and say "Wow the Wii dominates the PS3".
ROFL I love that site you link. WarioWare Smooth Moves WII 82.6% that's a great score. almost a full 10% lower than the one you link. Zelda: Twilight Princess WII 94.8% Much higher than your gamespot review. And let's get to my favorite. Wii Play WII 58.7% One word. 'SERVED' When your defending something. PLEASE... PLEASE. do yourself a favor. You ever heard DONT FEED THE TROLL. That Wii Play score is priceless. Your saying a game that got 58.7% AVERAGE is one of the best on the console? Let's see what the USERS have to say about that! 6.6 Still well below average! That's what People who played it say. Do me a favor. And defend something worth defending. Like... Zelda... and the games comming. The PS3 has 6games under 70. The Wii has 16 games under 70. The Wii has... 15 OVER 70. the PS3 has... 12 OVER 70. the PS3 has 18 games rated. The Wii has 31 games rated. the Wii is 50/50 above/under 70. Anything under 70 you should wonder about. the PS3 is closer 66/33. The PS3 has more games comming out this year. if those numbers remain the same... the PS3 will be getting... more games total, and more games worth buying compared to games that are crap. Thank you for showing me that website. Now I can compare stuff alot easier. That's whatever.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

whatever said: I've got 11 Wii games that I would rate as follows: Excellent(9.0 or higher): Zelda, Rayman, Wario, Wii Sports, Madden Great(8.0 - 9.0): Excite Truck, Elebits, Marvel Ultimate Alliance Good(7.0 - 8.0): Tony Hawk, Super Monkey Ball Fair(6.0 - 7.0): Red Steel As for PS3, right now there is Resistance and a bunch of Xbox 360 ports. I tried Resistance and it bored me. I've just had my fill of FPS games at this point. But if I had to choose between a 360 and a PS3 right now, it would be the 360 easily. For rankings you point to one site? Please! At least look at http://www.gamerankings.com for a composite of a large set of review sites. I could just as easily point to Gamespot that rates Wario a 9.1, Zelda an 8.8, and Resistance an 8.6 and say "Wow the Wii dominates the PS3". I do agree with you though that this thread is definitely a *yawn*.
I'll bite. http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y Average game Score: Wii: Above 95%: 0 Apove: 90%: 1 Above 85%: 1 Above 80%: 3 Above 75%: 7 Above 70%: 13 PS3 Above 95%: 0 Apove: 90%: 0 Above 85%: 1 Above 80%: 5 Above 75%: 9 Above 70%: 9 http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/ http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/ Average game Score: Wii: Above 95%: 1 Apove: 90%: 1 Above 85%: 1 Above 80%: 4 Above 75%: 6 Above 70%: 10 PS3 Above 95%: 0 Apove: 90%: 0 Above 85%: 2 Above 80%: 8 Above 75%: 12 Above 70%: 12 I can see it starting already. With a larger launch line up I would have expected the Wii to have higher rated games but I guess this is not the case. I am sorry but after purchasing the wii and playing most of the titles myself I consider alot of this is hype. I liked the gamecube but its titles suffered the same kind of ratings. Shallow Games are fun for some people but not all.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

kwaad, read ign's reviews for the same games as well as other game websites. The reviews are generally better than gameinformers. Some have control issues, but this is the 1st gen games for wii. Why do you think metroid 3 was held back. the game is finished, but they realized they were making the same mistakes that ubisoft made with red steel. So, they are polishing up the controls and will release later this year with the best FPS experience possible on a console. (PC mouse/keyboard still best). You state that the Wii only has 3 games on your list as good buys? I ask what about the PS3? ummm, 1. That's it. Resistance is their only good game. By end of 2007 there will be what 3. The other good titles will also be for 360 and I bet anyone would rather spend 400 on the 360 for a 60 game then 600 for the ps3 and a 60 game. By the end of this year the wii will have more than 10 titles over a million in sales all of which are exclusives. 360 and ps3 just wont have as many exclusives due to their dev costs. There will be only one more FF game exclusive to sony. That will be the last major 3rd party game to be exclusive to sony. Next one will be on the Wii, just as the next big DQ game is on the DS. Square-Enix is going back to Nintendo's lovin'. wii play, zelda, SSB, SMGalaxy, MP3, wii sports (only count japan), Dragon Quest, Sadness, animal crossing, battalion wars 2, pokemon battle, etc. all over a million. I think your story about the wii sitting on a shelf for so long is bs. I have yet to speak to a retailer who has been able to even put them on a shelf for more that 30 mins after opening. However, the ps3 is in stock at every store i go to. walmart , yesterday, toyrus today, various gamestops/ebgames over phone today. face it, most people do not want to spend 600 on a game machine. Wii is going to sell similar to DS. 1st year 10m 2nd year 34m sold to users NOT shipped/sold to retailers.

I don't see the point in arguing with kwaad, he was fired by his boss at walgreens, so he's clearly smarter than all of us.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"