By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN:legitimately floored after playing Little Big Planet

Man, I can't wait for this game. Of course, I suppose that's kind of weird considering my Wii's been collecting dust since early October, but hey...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

first day buy for me

The trailers speak for themselves, it's gonna be awesome.

Kinda ironic that with all the anti-casual attitude that PS3 fans usually have on these boards - one of the most anticipated PS3 games is an uber-casual one.

TheRealMafoo said:
ultraslick said:
jalsonmi said:
It may be way too early to say such a thing, but I have a feeling this game might end up beig the one to finally truly unseat Ocarina of Time as best reviewed game ever. And it, not GTAIV or MGS4, will be many people's pick for Game of the Year.

It really does sound truly revolutionary.

Wow.

That is bold,. . and I hope you are right. Everytime more information rolls around for this game, I anticipate it more and more. Do we have a general release date for LBP yet? ..... month?

I never want anything to rival OoT's review scores. To hear all the fanboy's cry like babies for weeks is just to much to bare again. I would be happy with knowing it's an incredible game, and letting the reviews fall to the low 90's.

I think a lot of the complaining was more because OoT was unseated by a game that wasn't really revolutionary--people felt that GTAIV was just an update of an establised formula and besides that, had technical glitches and gameplay issues. As such, it shouldn't be the best reviewed game ever.

LBP, however, does look revolutionary and different, and is a tpye of experience that only recently could have been created. A game where levels, characters and even objectives can be molded however you feel is so far beyond any previous level editor or Sim City style building tool that is might as well be a completely new experience.

If LBP is able to work as well as it should work it might be deserving of the Best Reviewed Game Ever mantle, and probably wouldn't be the subject of nearly the same amount of uproar as GTAIV. When a game does that much and is so new in it's style, most people, I think, will realize sometimes you just have to tip your hat to a deserving champ.

Of course, as I said, it is way too early, and it might not have as much to it as it seems to have, and may just be a great game and not amazing. Still, the potential is there for so much more. I guess we'll see.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Brainslug said:

Kinda ironic that with all the anti-casual attitude that PS3 fans usually have on these boards - one of the most anticipated PS3 games is an uber-casual one.

PS3 fans aren't anti-casual,but there is a limit to how many of "those" games,should overshadow the core games.On the other hand,the wii seems to have alot of casual games that overshadow the core games.

Around the Network

We're not anti-casual at all. We just get in a tizzy when we see shit like Carnival Games outselling Metroid Prime that makes us feel like a gaming world ruled by Nintendo would ruin our favorite past time. Oh, and let's not even bring up Wii Fit....

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Brainslug said:

Uber-casual? Not even close. It has a balance of casual and hardcore elements.

I hope this game is really amazing when it actually hits the shelves, because it's being hyped like crazy.

There's no better way to provide disappointment to gamers than to have a game hyped to a level it can't possibly deliver.

Venji said:
Sounds very good from all the write ups, but previews in general are always pretty positive...
A game that might WOW you for 10 mins, might get dull after 4 hours of game play, so I'm going to keep the hype meter low till the reviews/word of mouth come out.

You are a wise man. 

outlawauron said:
Has there been an negative impressions of this game? Looks phenominal!

I don't think any game gets negative impressions. At least not until days before it's release.

Either way. It's likely to be the best game on PS3 this year and the best game on the system period. I haven't heard many people contest that. The only contention is how it'll sell.

Look at a lot of people in this thread.  At first the weren't that interested, but the more they hear and see the more interested they are.  

This games success will depend highly on advertisments and word of mouth i believe... because it doesn't look like your average PS3 game.