By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

naznatips said:

I've been working on this for a while. Here is my predicted character roster, along with odds of inclusion. They are color coded (green for veteran and blue for newcomer). Let me know what you think.

Confirmed:

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar

Unconfirmed (est. odds of entry)

Luigi (99%)
Captain Falcon (99%)
Mr. Game and Watch (95%)
Ganondorf (95%)
Jigglypuff (95%)
Mewtwo (90%)
Marth (85%)
Falco (75%)
Y. Link (15%)
Dr. Mario (10%)
Pichu (10%)
Roy (10%)
Ness (1%)
Krystal (85%)
K. Rool (85%)
Animal Crossing Villager (75%)
Geno (75%)
Ridley (50%)
Isaac (50%)
Balloon Fighter (50%)
Lucario (40%)
Bowser Jr. (40%)
Mii (40%)
Baby Mario & Luigi (35%)
Tails (30%)
Raiden (30%)
Knuckles (25%)

There are no other 3rd party characters included because if they didn't ask for Megaman, you can bet your ass they never asked for Sora, Bomberman, etc. I'm giving all other 3rd party characters <1% chance, and therefor no point in inclusion on the list. Consider anyone else not on my list to have <1% odds as well. If you have any questions about my reasoning for each character's odds, feel free to ask.

couple of questions

1 - why are some blue and some green?

2- why does tails have a higher chance than knuckles

3. y r u so sure about Captain Falcon and Game and Watch?

4 - y is Ness so unlikely? 

Around the Network

Why is everybody forgetting geno and mallow they will most likely represent square enix.

wiiforever said:

couple of questions

1 - why are some blue and some green?

2- why does tails have a higher chance than knuckles

3. y r u so sure about Captain Falcon and Game and Watch?

4 - y is Ness so unlikely?

1.) Green represents veterans and blue represents newcomers.

2.) Tails does because he's the "primary" sidekick to Sonic, and Sakurai tends to add characters based on who has the most history in the franchise.  That would be Tails.

3.) This would take a long time to explain, but it's because of franchise icons.  I'll go through what franchise icons are in a second post in a little bit.  

4.) Jeeze, more reasons than I can count.  First of all, Lucas's moves are a modified version of old moves.  Second, Sakurai has repeatedly made mentions of people "missing" him and him being gone and Lucas being his replacement.  Third, if you read on the last page, the Famitsu article was translated to say he is not in the game.  

thanks

Wiiforever please cut your signature size down greatly. Either shrink that image down to 1/3 of what it is right now or remove it completely. It's taking up too much space.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
@Naz: Who ever even mentioned Banjo? And why is Sora 'completely unreasonable'? There are LOTS of reasons why he could be in the game.

There are tons of other Nintendo characters it could be:

-A couple more Pokemon (Haunter plz )
-Waddle Dee
-A guy from NES Baseball
-Chibi-Robo
-Elite Beat Agents
-King K. Rool
-Kremling
-Bomberman
-A snack that smiles back (GOLFISH!)
-An Animal Crossing character (Guaranteed because, there is a level but no character yet. I would want Nook or Jingle.)
-Evil person from Kid Icarus
-Birdo!!!!!
-Star Wolf
-Most likely Falco will return
-Baby Mario and Luigi combo (Luigi standing on Mario's head)
-One of the many bosses from Mario Bros. 2 (aka Doki Doki Panic)
-Jigglypuff will likely return (whether we want her or not)
-Geno
-Mallow
-Kooper
-RIDLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

That's all I got...

somebody shoot me

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I would rather have Mallow than Geno.

Mallo is awesome.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

naznatips said:
Wiiforever please cut your signature size down greatly. Either shrink that image down to 1/3 of what it is right now or remove it completely. It's taking up too much space.

it's not that big but I'll shrink it

Franchise Icons Summary

So here is how it works. Every series that's updated on Smash with character or level representation has a "franchise icon." The franchise icon is the little logo that appears next to the update on the Smash Bros. Dojo site. If you follow the link to the image file of the Franchise icon, you'll discover that each link has a number at the end of the link, and that's theonly difference between them. Here are all the ones revealed so far:

NumberFranchiseLogo
1Smash
2Donkey Kong
3Star Fox
4Kirby
5F-Zero
6Metroid
7Earthbound (Mother)
8Pokémon
9Zelda
10Mario
11Yoshi
12Fire Emblem
13???
14Ice Climbers
15Animal Crossing
16Wario
17Metal Gear
18Kid Icarus
19???
20Sonic
21DS
22Pikmin

You'll notice first that the F-Zero logo has already been revealed. That, plus the fact that C. Falcon has been in every game before, make him very likely. You'll also notice that the icons are ordered by which game the franchise was introduced in. Starting with Smash 64, Melee, then Brawl.

You'll see that the hole at #13 is around the franchises introduced in Melee: Fire Emblem and Ice Climbers. There were only 3 franchises introduced in Melee. Ice Climbers, Fire Emblem, and Game & Watch. Since the hole is there, the only thing it can be is Game & Watch, thus practically confirming his entry.

ook - r u sure this logic is correct?