By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Update: Lucas: Special Moves

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.

But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different. By which I mean, he does not have the same standard moves.

His strong up attack is a mentally-powered flip kick.

He unleashes a PK barrage on the ground with his down smash!

The finish of his back air attack is a meteor smash.

Oh! Is he grabbing the edge with his rope snake?!

<Side Special Move: PK Fire>

This is also quite different from Ness’s. 

It flies perfectly sideways, even in air.

The flame pillar explodes!

<Standard Special Move: PK Freeze>

If you charge it up and control it...

You can freeze your opponents!

And even more threatening is his PK Thunder. For those of you unfamiliar with the last game, or the one before that, remember this well.

<Up Special Move: PK Thunder>

You guide the PK Thunder with the Control Stick...

And hit yourself with it to launch!

Doing this helps you recover.

The angle you launch at depends upon the position at which the PK Thunder hits you. This launch also makes for a rather powerful attack, so I think it’s fine to even try it unexpectedly.

<Down Special Move: PSI Magnet>

This move absorbs the energy of projectile and other attacks and uses it to recover Lucas’s damage. It has a wide range of effectiveness, so give it a try when you get the chance.

If an enemy uses a projectile, that’s your chance.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

zeldas fs will never come and i hate the update.

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."

So, it's official, no Ness.

Yep, no Ness. Hopefully Lucas will have a Ness alternate costume though.

I've got the whole update on my clipboard. Should I post it or is somebody else on it?

Edit:  Ooh nice move BenKenobi.  Classic.

I never liked Ness, but this is an outrage.  I shall still call the new kid Ness. 

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network

Sad I suppose...but in the end, it's not that big of a deal to me...I honestly would have preferred Ness, since he's familiar to me...but a) I don't play as Ness hardly at all, and b) Ness will probably be an alternate costume for Lucas...I can't see why that wouldn't happen.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Ness will probably still be in, but with other attacks. There are so many various attacks in the mother universe that we've not seen yet.

"Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now"

Oh I guess I missed that part. 

Ness was by far my favorite character in the original, but he was so embarrassingly bad in Melee that I stopped using him entirely, so I was hoping they would improve him for Brawl.

Lucas is hawt though, so he's just as good.

Bye bye Ness. Lucas seems more of a worthy fighter.

Nintendo Fan Girl said:
zeldas fs will never come and i hate the update.

Lol, Zelda Fangirl.