By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Thatmax said:
Does anyone know what the clock thats falling from the party ball does? maybe it slow time for like 5 seconds?

looks like the clock from castlevania, probably wishful thinking but with this game you never know

Around the Network
ShastaMasta said:
Thatmax said:
Does anyone know what the clock thats falling from the party ball does? maybe it slow time for like 5 seconds?

looks like the clock from castlevania, probably wishful thinking but with this game you never know

I beleive it's from LoZ. But, there are a lot of those scattered across Nintendo games.

ShastaMasta said:
i really believe c. falcon, ness, jigglypuff, and luigi will be the 1st 4 characters to be unlocked, and that the starting roster will be the same as it was in the 64 version.

That's a solid theory right there.  I'll buy it.  Tonight I predict ZELDA'S FINAL SMASH.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Smashchu said:
ShastaMasta said:
Thatmax said:

I beleive it's from LoZ. But, there are a lot of those scattered across Nintendo games.

Yeah didn't it stop time in zelda, so i guess it will either stop time or possibly increase the time on the clock in timed matches

Uhh...it updated? Apparently it's still an hour early in Japan...

Update: Assist Trophy: Gray Fox

Update: Grab and Throw

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Nov. 07 Wed. 2007

Gray Fox

If Snake is going to be joining the brawl, then it should be fine to have someone else from the Metal Gear world join as an Assist Trophy, right?

Frank Jaeger, the Gray Fox, appears!

Oh! Cool mono-eye!

He approaches stealthily with lithe jumps, coming right in then slicing repeatedly. Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character.

He slices over and over with his back-handed grip.

By the way, he reflects projectiles.

PA-SHEEN!

Gray Fox faces off with Snake.

Gray Fox, who engaged in a grand battle to the death with Metal Gear REX... To think that he would reappear on Wii, and alongside Mario and Sonic at that!

You never know what might happen in this world.

Nov. 07 Wed. 2007

Grab and Throw

Surely you’ve learned how to shield to protect yourself. Have you learned that yet? Good. You’ve learned.

Then next up is grabbing. And throwing!

Press the attack button while shielding...

And grab at your opponent!

If you press the attack button while shielding, you’ll grab. Give a try next time you’re shielding.

Block your enemy’s attack with your shield!

Then just press the attack button to grab your enemy!

Tilt the Control Stick in any direction you like to throw!

Then pursue with combo attacks!

And so on.

Grabs are also effective against enemies that are protecting themselves with their own shields. Shield against attacks, then grab. Or dodge. If you can understand this flow, you’ll find they add a dimension that changes the simple charging attack.

At any rate, get in the habit of shielding when you’re in trouble. Then you can think about what comes next.

Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.

BenKenobi88 said:
Uhh...it updated? Apparently it's still an hour early in Japan...

Update: Assist Trophy: Gray Fox

Update: Grab and Throw

Tonight was actually the FIRST night I was ready to look for updates an hour early, and I wrote it all up, and then my internet broke.  It was driving me mad.

And for my next trick I'll steal Bacon's post!

Number of updates each character has been in:

# Mario: 61
# Kirby: 42
# Link: 42
# Wario: 40
# Fox: 35
# Yoshi: 28
# Pit: 28
# Pikachu: 28
# Meta Knight: 21
# DK: 20
# ZSS: 19
# Bowser: 19
# Samus: 18
# Peach: 16
# Zelda: 15
# Diddy Kong: 15
# Ike: 14
# Snake: 9
# PT: 8
# Lucas: 8
# Sonic: 6
# IC: 6
# King Dedede: 5

Snake passes Pokemon Trainer and Lucas.

Link is now tied with Kirby.

For a second I was like "OMFGZ THE NINJAZ!" but then realized he's just an assist trophy. Too bad.

Ike looks sexy, I like how his sword is in the ground while he is uppercutting Link.