By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I'm looking at a list of Nintendo characters... about all big Nintendo franchises have been represented already except Pikmin and Golden Sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_characters

Looking at the list I saw Captain N in there and I remember me watching that show as a kid. And Megaman starred as a character in a Nintendo show! Even the Game Boy is a character in that show. He would be fun to play with but a little bit over the top hehe.

Around the Network

If Mega Man is in Brawl, then I'm going to spend most of my time re-enacting Captain N episodes. Pokemon Trainer as Captain N, and I'll just hide the Pokemon off to the side. Pit, Mega Man, and Link will be my squad, and we'll like.... beat up 3 Pokemon?

Also, a Duck Hunt AT would be sweet as hell. I'm loving the Excitebike and Lakitu and Advance Wars ATs, and I'm really glad there's a Devil World AT. It's too bad R.O.B. is already in the Subspace Emissary. He would've made a sweet AT. I guess I'll just have to pummel him to death instead of using him to my advantage. If we don't get Olimar fighting with Pikmin and bomb Pikmin then I want a Pikmin AT.

All games with R.O.B. > All games without R.O.B.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

How would you decide what powers to give Mega Man though? He's had even more than Kirby has.

Oh wait, oh wait.... a lightning bulb just went off in my brain. Here's my new wildest dream.

GYROMITE STAGE.

Think about it. Get back to me.

Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.

CAptain N is more important than any other character I believe. I remember vaguely watching that cartoon when I was a kid.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
How would you decide what powers to give Mega Man though? He's had even more than Kirby has.

His regular B attack is a random projectile.  They could sneak in a couple from each game.  Could be a Metal Blade or a Crash Bomb, a Magnet Missile or a Quick Boomerang.  It would be like Peach's random melee weapons or Mr. G&W's random damage attack.  His down-B would be his slide tackle (from Mega Man Soccer, just kidding), and his up-B could be bouncing high off of a Rush Coil, similar to Sonic's up-B, and his forward-B could be... I don't know.  All I know is that if they're going to use character-specific shields like Snake's box, Mega Man would need a Leaf Shield.

I agree with the random missiles... don't forget his grapple hook and Rush!

Why bother using Megaman's moves from the Megaman Games, just give him a generic set of moves and the ability to steel moves from other characters in Brawl during the match.

Rubang B said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

His regular B attack is a random projectile. They could sneak in a couple from each game. Could be a Metal Blade or a Crash Bomb, a Magnet Missile or a Quick Boomerang. It would be like Peach's random melee weapons or Mr. G&W's random damage attack. His down-B would be his slide tackle (from Mega Man Soccer, just kidding), and his up-B could be bouncing high off of a Rush Coil, similar to Sonic's up-B, and his forward-B could be... I don't know. All I know is that if they're going to use character-specific shields like Snake's box, Mega Man would need a Leaf Shield.

Meh, a Mega Man-style charging attack like Samus' would be kinda better than a random one. Especially if the projectile speeds/effects are so different.

The Slide Tackle would be really lame for a Down+B move.

How about...

B: Charging Buster cannon attack. Can fire multiple projectiles once fully charged.

Side+B: Random Mega Man power from various games.

Down+B: Switch to Zero or Protoman.

Up+B: Gravity Shot (MM5): Gravity suddenly reverses and Megaman and everything around him falls up for a brief time. Enemies around take minor damage.

Double-Jump: Air Dash

Shield: Star Shield (MM5) or Skull Shield (MM4)

Zero/Protoman...?

There aren't personal shields in Brawl, I thought.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )